Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• louder output from external soundcard

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to make your soundcard output louder?
    i'm using an external creative soundblaster live! ( http://www.creative.com/products/pro...&product=10702 ), but i have to put my amps to the max to get nice loud music... if i would connect a headunit instead of my pc, i'm sure it would play louder...
    so, is there anything i can do to get it louder? (some setting in windows, place something between soundcard and amps, ...)

Greetz

Dj NRG

I have the same soundcard, output to 3 amps, and I have no issues with loudness. I'm gonna have to guess and say it's a software issue somewhere.
    Peese

Comment

the issue is the voltage output of the sound card its self.

it's too low for your amps.

what amplifiers are you two running?

higher end amplifiers can get away with lower input voltages, while cheaper amps will have problems.
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Hi,

I'm using 2 amps, one for my sub and the other for my other 4 speakers
        Sony Xplod XM-SD22X for my suub
        Sony Xplod XM-SD46X for other speakers.

right now the sound is good, but i have to turn my amps almost open to the max...
        somewhere i read that a soundcard gives a lower output than a regular headunit... so i was wondering if there was a way to make the output from a soundcard the same as the output from a headunit...

Greetz

Dj NRG

Comment

Originally posted by Dj-[NRG] View Post
          Sony Xplod XM-SD22X
          Sony Xplod XM-SD46X

I found the problem

Comment

Originally posted by greenman100 View Post
            I found the problem
            ??

Comment

what are the output voltages of my soundcard?
              my amps can handle voltages between 0.3v and 6v...

Greetz

Dj NRG

Comment

??
                SONY
                Design [000000000-]90%
                Parts [000-------]30%
                Installation[----------]0%
                Integration[000-------]30%

Comment

Dude, I don't know the voltage output but i'm driving 3 cheap *** Lightning Audio 450 watt amps which is driving 2 subs, 2 2ways and a set of components using the same exact audio card. I have no loudness issues with my setup. Maybe a quality issue, but not loudness..... the only thing I can say is contact creative and ask them what the output voltage is on it.
                  Peese

Comment

never said i have problems with my amps, i was just wondering if there was a way to raise the output from my soundcard, so the output would be the same as from a regular headunit...

Greetz

Dj NRG

Comment

what are the output voltages of my soundcard?
                      my amps can handle voltages between 0.3v and 6v...

Greetz

Dj NRG
                      Audigy 2 usually has 2v outputs.

The live stuff is probably around .5v.

I'd look at a line driver.
                      Jan Bennett
                      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Live sucks, Turtle Beach Roadie (the $90 one) is great. I used this in a headunit-less install and had no problems, sounded better than my stock headunit.
                        Shotgun! - An Advanced CarPC Software Solution!

Comment

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to make your soundcard output louder?
                          i'm using an external creative soundblaster live! ( http://www.creative.com/products/pro...&product=10702 ), but i have to put my amps to the max to get nice loud music... if i would connect a headunit instead of my pc, i'm sure it would play louder...
                          so, is there anything i can do to get it louder? (some setting in windows, place something between soundcard and amps, ...)

Greetz

Dj NRG

Get an AUDIO CONTROL 3.1 That will fix your problem and sounds great also

Comment

I agree with pcfreak, make sure your software/computer is set up correctly first, before you start blowing wads of money on new hardware.

Comment

never said i have problems with my amps, i was just wondering if there was a way to raise the output from my soundcard, so the output would be the same as from a regular headunit...

Greetz

Dj NRG
                              Honestly I don't think a new soundcard is gonna help you. They are made for PCs that work in the home. All home audio/video equipment runs off a standard line-out voltage. This is why your TV doesn't have an audio gain for when you hook up your DVD player

The problem is that there is no "regular headunit" output voltage since car audio uses varying line out voltages to help with sound quality.

It's ok for the gains on the amps to be all the way up as long as it matches the input voltage, but this may increase noise I think that's why better headunits have higher preamp out voltages to begin with tho. I think 0.5v is the home audio standard

If the max gain setting for the amp can't match the soundcards output, pick up a line driver as suggested

Comment

Working...
                              X