Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPC hardware in France ?

Hi all,
    This post is for french people that build their own CarPCs. For the moment i've found to buy carPC equipment only in germany or US. But does somebody know if there is something like that in France ?
    Thankyou in advance,
    Zorro_><
    My Project : Z-CarCockpit, also on Facebook

I think some clarification is in order. As far as the PC part of a carPC, it's standard-issue off-the-shelf PC hardware (motherboard, CPU, RAM, HDD, etc.).
    The only thing that is specific to a vehicle install is a DC-DC power supply and perhaps a 7" or 8" touchscreen.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I'm talking about motherboards, solid hard drives, CF to IDE converters, LCD displays, touchscreens, input medias, GPS receivers, and all that kind of stuff usefull for CarPC development.
      Then I'm looking for a store (online or not) selling this kind of hardware in France.
      Zorro_><

Comment

Try www.linitx.com They are based in the UK, but they ship to france

or mp3car's store for that matter!

Comment

Thankyou but i'm really looking for a provider in France.
          Zorro_><

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro_X View Post
            Hi all,
            This post is for french people that build their own CarPCs. For the moment i've found to buy carPC equipment only in germany or US. But does somebody know if there is something like that in France ?
            Thankyou in advance,
            In france you can buy hardware as elsewhere, have a look at bacata.net; and find a reseller near to you (mainly for motherboards),but don't dream, as usual we are much expensive in france than elsewhere...some have tried to start such kind of little shops but they all sunk.

Comment

Thankyou but in bacata there are no converters, no solid hard drives, no power supply, etc...
              Zorro_><

Comment

Then have a look at anteor side if they still exist (a bit expensive for same hardware you may find in germany, u.k. or u.s.) but why the hell are you especially wanting to buy from france ?

ok i think i get it...is it in relation with the yet another future tax on imported goods ?

Comment

It's because when buying in France the providers are submited to french laws then it's more easy if any problem (not delivery, delivery delays, etc...).
                  Into another hand the shipment cost is less expensive and finally even if the product is sent by the seller, french Customs may decide to make me pay tax on it in better cases, or simply confiscate it !
                  So that's why i prefer to buy in France if possible !
                  Zorro_><

Comment

If you buy from cartft.com which is based in germany, you won't pay any taxes.

I am from France too and I have bought all my stuff from this online website.

Never got any problems...
                    New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
                    Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
                    Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

YES ! that's the one i've already used, the problem is the shipment cost... But anyway, if there is no other way to get CarPC equipment, i'll continue on it...
                      dommage... (it's a shame)

(Anteor looks great... but... expensive !!!)
                      Zorro_><

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro_X View Post
                        YES ! that's the one i've already used, the problem is the shipment cost... But anyway, if there is no other way to get CarPC equipment, i'll continue on it...
                        dommage... (it's a shame)

(Anteor looks great... but... expensive !!!)
                        CQFD !

Comment

Il y a ThinkITX.com qui est situé en France, sur Paris (12eme je crois).
                          J'ai commandé mon boitier chez eux, tout c'est bien passé.

In english:
                          There is ThinkITX.com based in France, Paris. I've buy my mini-itx case in there and everything was fine.
                          Audi S2 coupé, pentium 4M 2,4ghz, 1Go DDR, 40Go HDD, M2 ATX, Linksys wifi dongle, Trendnet Bluetooth dongle, Roadrunner front end, noname touchscreen like liliput, haicom USB GPS, 2 USB plug in trunk and 1 in glove box.

Comment

uh ! thinkITX seems to be a good compromise : afordable prices and IN FRANCE !
                            thankyou CocoVFR !
                            If somebody knows about others sellers like thinkITK, i'm still open !
                            Zorro_><

Comment

Working...
                            X