what the heck is RAPTOR DISTRIBUTION BLOCK 1-4GA IN 4-8GA OUT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the heck is RAPTOR DISTRIBUTION BLOCK 1-4GA IN 4-8GA OUT

the MP3CAR store is selling a RAPTOR DISTRIBUTION BLOCK 1-4GA IN 4-8GA OUT. I'm just wondering what this thing is for, the benefits and should i use it?
    CTS 05, Mobile Information Center...
    Atom - 1.8ghz
    2GB Ram
    32GB SSD
    8" TouchScreen
    5.6" Screen (overhead) w/reverse capability

Finished Project
    Car Hacking
    WorkBlog
    Video

it's a distribution block for power, in the event that you are trying to feed multiple high-power goodies ie carputer, amp, sub amp, etc. It has 1 4 gauge spot for the main line coming from your battery, and 4 8 gauge terminals to connect your amps, carputer, etc.
    Crawdaddy
    1991 Chevy Suburban 1500 w/SBC 350
    2005 Saturn ION 2 sedan

Suburban Worklog

"A local New Orleans man says his socks are finally dry..." -Tom Tucker, Family Guy

Comment

thanks. the reason for my asking is that i could use the unit in my car. What i would like to know is
      - if any piece of hardware needs to be installed between that and the battery - such as a fuse?

- does it prevent battery drainage - or is it just "a dumb" distribution block?

- can i connect smaller units such as a carputer power supply directly to it?
      CTS 05, Mobile Information Center...
      Atom - 1.8ghz
      2GB Ram
      32GB SSD
      8" TouchScreen
      5.6" Screen (overhead) w/reverse capability

Finished Project
      Car Hacking
      WorkBlog
      Video

Comment

-hell yes, please fuse it before it gets to the block!!

-it's simply a chunk of metal(aluminum or copper), it's completley dumb

-yup
        Crawdaddy
        1991 Chevy Suburban 1500 w/SBC 350
        2005 Saturn ION 2 sedan

Suburban Worklog

"A local New Orleans man says his socks are finally dry..." -Tom Tucker, Family Guy

Comment

We also carry a fuse power distribution block. I like this one! http://store.mp3car.com/PFDBM4_AGU_p/cbl-026.htm

Comment

Originally posted by afterdigital View Post
            thanks. the reason for my asking is that i could use the unit in my car. What i would like to know is
            - if any piece of hardware needs to be installed between that and the battery - such as a fuse?
            fuse goes within 18" of the battery.

- does it prevent battery drainage - or is it just "a dumb" distribution block?
            It's pretty dumb.

- can i connect smaller units such as a carputer power supply directly to it?
            Yes.

The whole point of the distribution block is to share the power ont eh one larger wire to mutliple devices that require a thinner wire (less power).
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
            X