No announcement yet.

Bluetooth hands free kit with computer connectivity

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth hands free kit with computer connectivity

Does any BT hands free kit on the market support external controls by software (using BT, USB or RS232)? I can see that some Parrot kits do have Serial Port Profile, but I can't find any info about this port - what can it be used for etc.

I have in my car a Parrot CK3000 (old) BT carkit.Now I can control my phone (Sony Ericsson K800i) using Phonecontrol (but also Freephone)
    When I press one of my contacts on my touchscreen the Parrot carkit takes control as soon as connection is made
    Sound is then going through the car-kit speaker

If I want to hang up , I can use my touchscreen or the BT carkit button.

Until know I only could makes this to work only together with the K800i
    I tried already several different types (K600i, W800i) but none of those could do what I have now in the car.

If you cant find what your looking for ,this could be something for you
    Gods right foot!!

Renault Grand Espace 3.5 V6

Thanks, I know about this option (also works for a few other phone). I just hoped that by using the HF kit, I would get rid of the need to deal with different phones and their slightly different AT-command sets.

Are there any other BT devices available for use with carpc and blackberry that may work with freephone??
        New Car PC Build list in progress

Could someone explain how this works?

I am very interested in doing something with a parrot solution....

im looking into the parrot or the small nokia one, but ideally i want to hide it in my sunvisor and just use centrafuse phone control to control everything on my phone. i dont want to have to touch my parrot unit, just use it as a mic. would this work?
            Unphased A New and upcoming site for VW owners.