Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WiiMote Accelerometer Have you seen this !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WiiMote Accelerometer Have you seen this !!

    Have a go and read what's here awesome to integrate in a car and certainly in a car

    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3362586&page=1

    By the way, have tested it, it works for my needs accurately, most important thing is brought me some new idea's.

    Enjoy

  • #2
    If you've ever tried it, it's a bit hard to control and would be a bit dangerous if you used it while in motion (which yes, is dangerous in the first place, but is possible). Touch screens are always easier, but more expensive--until the Wii remote came about. Personally, since I am a poor college student, I will be using the Wii mote to turn an LCD screen into a touch screen. Basically I will mount the Wii remote into my car pointed at the screen and build one of the infrared pen styli. Here's a little video on how this works.

    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s5EvhHy7eQ[/media]

    I'm going to start a topic on this as I'm sure it would be useful to people. If it has been posted, I apologize.

    Comment


    • #3
      been discussed several times before.................

      Search is your friend!

      Cheers
      For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
      Leonardo Da Vinci

      Comment


      • #4
        I think you are trying to overcomplicate things. It's not really feasable to be holding a light pen the whole time you are driving just to change songs. Why not build a few of these and sell them at your school to raise cash for a proper touch screen? that would be a way better solution.
        2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
        Car PC Progress:
        Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
        Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
        Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
        RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
        View my
        Worklog
        Road Runner Skins
        Website
        Favorite thread EVER!

        Comment


        • #5
          he's showing that the wiimote can be used as a g meter. not as a pointing device.

          Comment


          • #6
            ac·cel·er·om·e·ter /ękˌsɛləˈrɒmɪtər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ak-sel-uh-rom-i-ter] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
            noun

            an instrument for measuring acceleration, as of aircraft or guided missiles.

            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            [Origin: 1900–05; acceler(ation) + -o- + -meter]

            http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Accelerometer

            The dictionary is your friend!

            (And that really is COOL!!!)
            My opinion is my own.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'll be dayumed! IT WORKS!!!!
              My opinion is my own.

              Comment


              • #8
                why wouldn't it?

                The wiimote has a couple accelerometers.

                Inovative use though if you want your skidpad numbers...............
                For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                Leonardo Da Vinci

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by greatwhite View Post
                  why wouldn't it?

                  The wiimote has a couple accelerometers.

                  Inovative use though if you want your skidpad numbers...............
                  I was talking about getting a wiimote to talk to a PC.
                  My opinion is my own.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CPOStudios View Post
                    If you've ever tried it, it's a bit hard to control and would be a bit dangerous if you used it while in motion (which yes, is dangerous in the first place, but is possible). Touch screens are always easier, but more expensive--until the Wii remote came about. Personally, since I am a poor college student, I will be using the Wii mote to turn an LCD screen into a touch screen. Basically I will mount the Wii remote into my car pointed at the screen and build one of the infrared pen styli. Here's a little video on how this works.

                    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s5EvhHy7eQ[/media]

                    I'm going to start a topic on this as I'm sure it would be useful to people. If it has been posted, I apologize.
                    it would be just about as cheap to buy a touchscreen panel for the LCD you already have. $60 for the panel and controller...and the result would be much easier to use.

                    An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      So what are we going to discuss here......

                      1. Accelerometer made from Wiimote?
                      2. "Touchscreen" made with Wiimote?

                      My vote would be accelerometer since that is the name of the thread, but that's just me.
                      My opinion is my own.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by danielkh View Post
                        I was talking about getting a wiimote to talk to a PC.
                        Glovepie isn't anything new.

                        Been around for a while.

                        Just new to you

                        People have used the wii mote for everything from to skid pad measuring to screen presentation pointers/controls. It really an underused piece of technology. Ir sensing/pointing, accelerometers (couple axis's at that) and built in bluetooth.

                        All yours for around 20-40 bucks.

                        hackers are finding uses for it everyday.

                        Now go out and find some new hacks for it!

                        Cheers
                        For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                        Leonardo Da Vinci

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by greatwhite View Post
                          Glovepie isn't anything new.

                          Been around for a while.

                          Just new to you

                          People have used the wii mote for everything from to skid pad measuring to screen presentation pointers/controls. It really an underused piece of technology. Ir sensing/pointing, accelerometers (couple axis's at that) and built in bluetooth.

                          All yours for around 20-40 bucks.

                          hackers are finding uses for it everyday.

                          Now go out and find some new hacks for it!

                          Cheers

                          So that means your vote is......? Gerbils?
                          My opinion is my own.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by danielkh View Post
                            So that means your vote is......? Gerbils?
                            nah, seems you got that covered already................
                            For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                            Leonardo Da Vinci

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wow, this is way cool! It would be cool if someone could write a script that would allow it to work with RRcam, so that you could have it show when/if you were accellerating, or braking, and what sort of G's were involved, in case of a traffic accident. It could be an awesome piece of evidence to have! Though, video footage is more than most folks get...
                              Greedy
                              -Adj.
                              Anybody who makes significantly more money than you do.

                              The Hoe-Puter Worklog

                              Progress (Phase one):

                              Planning:
                              [----------] 97.3%
                              Parts Aquisition:
                              [----------] 95%
                              Install:
                              [----------] 95%

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X