Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RCA/Stereo input, RCA output lowpass crossover?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCA/Stereo input, RCA output lowpass crossover?

Who would be interested in taking a stab at this?

I'm looking for someone to design and build a lowpass crossover for the center/sub output of the computer, since no computer's outputs are lowpass or highpass capable......always full range

i understand i could just buy an electronic crossover and call it a day......but those are expensive and do more than i really need...

also, anyone know what computers normally provide for maximum output voltage from the sound outputs? like some headunits have 2V, soem have 2.5, some have 4, etc...
    Planning: [|||||||||-] 90%
    Purchased: [|||||||||/] 99%
    Installation: [|||||||||-] 90% (when is anyone's project ever REALLY done...)

honestly you'd prob be better off yo buy one... to pay for someones time to design, build, test, and troubleshoot on top of parts would prob end up being a lot more than a mass produce item. Unless someone wants to make one just for the challenge,

Comment

Originally posted by bratnetwork View Post
      honestly you'd prob be better off yo buy one... to pay for someones time to design, build, test, and troubleshoot on top of parts would prob end up being a lot more than a mass produce item. Unless someone wants to make one just for the challenge,
      this.

plus, there's circuits out there to do it. do some research.

Comment

If it's a 4.1 or 5.1 or 7.1 card, it's already doing the lowpass for the sub...

Comment

negative sir....i had speakers hooked up to that output.........its full range with the ALC888

Comment

What sound card are you using??
            You realize on the center/sub jack, that the center is full range on one channel and sub out is on the other channel (i.e. left side)?
            Basically, two mono outputs on the jack...

Comment

Again....

Realtec ALC888

I had a pair of speakers on the center/sub jack. both sides were getting full range.

Comment

Obviously there is something wrong with it, your drivers or the way you have it setup...
                XP? Vista??
                What speaker configuration are you using in the Windows speaker properties?
                Make sure it's 5.1 or 7.1

Comment

I also have Realtek and my subwoofer output puts out all frequencies. Is it suppose to act as a low-pass filter? I have Windows XP.

Comment

Working...
                  X