Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valentine1 Serial Adapter - Now Shipping!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine1 Serial Adapter - Now Shipping!

EDIT: Now Shipping. http://www.v1connect.com/Purchase.aspx/

Centrafuse Plugin: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/cf-p...e1-plugin.html

I wanted to announce that I am in the final stages of developing a valentine1 to serial adapter. The hardware will function just like a concealed display, but will use your pc for the display. It will plug in right where your normal concealed display does.

Features:
    • Detect and interpret the valentine1 concealed display data and transmit to pc via a serial cable
    • Ability to mute the valentine 1
    • Ability to change modes of the valentine1
    • Ability to turn on/off the main display (which stops/starts data flow to the serial port)
    • Fully powered by the existing valentine1's connection.
    • Small compact size (approx 3inches x 1.5 inches)

I will also be developing some software for use with this new hardware. The software will mimic the normal concealed displays look and functionality (where possible).

This software is still in development so the look may/will change slightly.

I am planning on getting some CarPC frontend integration developed. I will be contacting and working with different frontend developers for this.

Please post any questions or comments. I will you all updated as to the progress. Right now I have the PCB's designed and sent off for manufacturing. I am looking into the assembly of the PCB and the finalization of the software development.
    V1Connect - Valentine1 Serial Adapter http://www.v1connect.com

Very good news
    Originally posted by CityFan86 View Post
    I wanted to announce that I am in the final stages of developing a valentine1 to serial adapter. The hardware will function just like a concealed display, but will use your pc for the display. It will plug in right where your normal concealed display does.

Features:
    • Detect and interpret the valentine1 concealed display data and transmit to pc via a serial cable
    • Ability to mute the valentine 1
    • Ability to change modes of the valentine1
    • Fully powered by the existing valentine1's connection.
    • Small compact size (approx 3inches x 1.5 inches)

I will also be developing some software for use with this new hardware. The software will mimic the normal concealed displays look and functionality (where possible).

This software is still in development so the look may/will change slightly.

I am planning on getting some CarPC frontend integration developed. I will be contacting and working with different frontend developers for this.

Please post any questions or comments. I will you all updated as to the progress. Right now I have the PCB's designed and sent off for manufacturing. I am looking into the assembly of the PCB and the finalization of the software development.

Comment

That looks/sounds cool...if I could have this setup I'd probably install one in my headliner somewhere.
      // 2008.5 CWP MAZDASPEED 3
      // mp3car showoff thread
      // appearance & performance mods
      // computer setup

Comment

Well hopefully you can have this setup soon

Honestly my schedule is looking like mid July->August will be when the first batch (approx 25) will be ready. Its about 15 days for manufacturing and another 15 for assembly. I may push it back later and just release a few of them as beta testers first though.

Comment

Cool, subbed.
          // 2008.5 CWP MAZDASPEED 3
          // mp3car showoff thread
          // appearance & performance mods
          // computer setup

Comment

Well hopefully you can have this setup soon

Honestly my schedule is looking like mid July->August will be when the first batch (approx 25) will be ready. Its about 15 days for manufacturing and another 15 for assembly. I may push it back later and just release a few of them as beta testers first though.
            I am ready for test

Comment

Awesome. As soon as I get this thing manufactured (which is turning out to be one of the hardest things so far) I will let you know. I have tested the design and it works, but it would be good to get some real world testing and reviews.

Well seeing as no one has asked, I thought I would post my initial pricing plan. These prices are subject to change depending on cost of making them. I plan on selling them for $100 shipped to the USA, but I will run an intro price of $75 shipped for the first few (unknown number at this time). I dont think this is bad pricing at all considering the standard concealed display goes for around $50 ($39 + shipping). If I do use beta testers pricing will be negotiated with them at that time.

Comment

Awesome. As soon as I get this thing manufactured (which is turning out to be one of the hardest things so far) I will let you know. I have tested the design and it works, but it would be good to get some real world testing and reviews.

Well seeing as no one has asked, I thought I would post my initial pricing plan. These prices are subject to change depending on cost of making them. I plan on selling them for $100 shipped to the USA, but I will run an intro price of $75 shipped for the first few (unknown number at this time). I dont think this is bad pricing at all considering the standard concealed display goes for around $50 ($39 + shipping). If I do use beta testers pricing will be negotiated with them at that time.
                O.K. thank you I will follow this post.

Comment

Nice work, id be interested in testing this out.
                  Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Thought I would post the inital version of my read me for your viewing pleasure. This details the functionality in detail as well as how to interact with the V1Connect Serial adapter. This will help any developers out their wanting to start making something for this hardware.

EDIT: Please check my website for latest protocol info

Comment

I just placed my order for the manufacture of 25 of these. I should have one in my hand in 2 weeks or so for validation, then another 2 weeks for the remaining batch.

Prices are posted on website, but none are available to purchase yet.

I will be finishing up the software for use with this in the next week as well.

Comment

I have been following this thread for the past few weeks and I definitely see potential on with this device no so much with the concealed display use but more so for integration into the Car PC system. I don't think people will want to pay for a pc connect device unless its doing something more than what the orginal can do. One suggestion I have is to integrate the software into a front end, for example when the device detects a laser/radar to the front, a large red arrow pointing forward will flash. The problem with the software you have is that it is designed for standalone use, I am sure you could probably embed it into Centrafuse but otherwise there isn't much integration. This idea is great though!

Comment

I completely agree. I am just providing some software so that you can use the device. I need other developers who are familiar with frontend development to get involved and make something. I am trying to spread the word and get people on board though who can do this.

Comment

I completely agree. I am just providing some software so that you can use the device. I need other developers who are familiar with frontend development to get involved and make something. I am trying to spread the word and get people on board though who can do this.
                            This is not big probem add this in Centrafuse... If I will buy this radardetector I will buy this device and 100% develope plugin... Otherwise if sourcecode will be free avalible maybe I will write plugin without device...

Comment

The protocol is documented on my site at http://www.v1connect.com/Protocol.aspx

I am still undecided if I will release the source code for my app, or just release parts of the code to get people going. I would hope my documentation would be enough for someone to develop a plugin.

If you buy the V1 and are interested this device to make a plugin, let me know and we can work out a discount price for you effort.

Comment

Working...
                              X