Need Project Idea for an Embedded Design Class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Project Idea for an Embedded Design Class

Ok, I am in a high level class where I need to come up with something as a final project. Figured I would ask you guys (and the few gals around here too) what you want.

Has there been something that you feel like the market should have but doesnt? I have a few ideas, but threads are usually good or generating something substantial. Who knows, if it works it might be possible to make more!

So throw in your $0.02 (or 0.02 or whatever else) below...
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

How about a low cost standalone Vehicle Position/Performance Tracking system (GPS, GPRS) with a usable web GUI using google maps as maps dB? Possibility to monitor/control a few I/O's would be great too. A Telit module might be a good start...

I agree that these stuffs exist, but are in general very expensive with recurring costs or unreliable or the web GUI cannot be tailored to individual requirements.

Comment

Interesting, but rather complicated scope. I need to be done with it next month.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

make the fusion brain wireless with the zigbee!

Comment

Ok, I have a nice one for you

A decent Centrafuse "input device"

It should be something akin to a small industrial joystick, that you can move left/right, up/down, to emulate mouse-cursor movements. If you rotate the stick around the shaft, counter- or clockwise, it will scroll left or right throught the main CF30 menu.

Push down on the shaft, and you will select the specific button,and enter that CF30 application. Then, counter- or clockwise movement should scroll up/down through playlists et al.

Hehe. Or, write a new driver/plugin for the existing Space Navigator PE to do all this - you have your "joystick', you need a project, and we need a decent input device....

What ya reckon, you can even make some cash on the side....
          F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Comment

What we all need is a "Fusion Brains with CAN".
            Or is it smart to wire the window lifter motors and switches in all doors to a central place (boot, trunk) ?
            Same goes for mirrors (front doors), roof and seats.
            CAN Low and CAN high could be very small wires (from "Fusion Brain" to "Fusion Brain") instead of the thick power wires...

Oh right... as there are C inside it would be nicely to have them independent of the carpc system.

and yes: this is some sort of CAN network...

Comment

Working...
            X