X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto ON inverter

Hi,

What do i need to make a auto ON future on power inverter ? The idea is :
    when i turn the ignition key to "acc" to power it on, by default it powers on via switch.

maybe a relay of somekind?

thanks

Run it off a relay tied to your ACC line. Go ACC - relay signal input, battery + to relay input, relay output to inverter input, and relay signal output to ground.

Be SURE to fuse the inverter wire of course.
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

Comment

With my setup I replaced the on/off switch of the inverter with a SPST momentary remote switch on the dash and an automotive relay. So when the SPST momentary switch on the dash is pushed it then powers the inverter witch then powers the PC. When the PC is powered on it then energizes the automotive relay wich will keep the circuit closed while the PC is powered on. The relay is wired to a 12V lead from the PC's power supply. For this to work though you will need to have your PC setup to automatically power on when it detects AC from the inverter.

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
        Run it off a relay tied to your ACC line. Go ACC - relay signal input, battery + to relay input, relay output to inverter input, and relay signal output to ground.

Be SURE to fuse the inverter wire of course.
        As malcom2073 said:

"Be SURE to fuse the inverter wire of course"

Is very important also!

Comment

i have a switch that is mounted in the dash, with it i control the whole setup, but i want it to be "automated". what kind of relay should i use?

Comment

SPST relay will energize the switch and turn it on automatically. Make sure you use a relay with the same or better rating as the switch. The rating is usually written on the switch.

This will only power the inverter automatically, not the PC. You'll still have to turn the PC on.
            Originally posted by ghettocruzer
            I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
            Want to:
            -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
            -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

i have the PC BIOS configured on Auto ON after power failure, so it turns on automatically after i turn on the inverter so i'm good.

Comment

So help me out on this one.... i am not too clued up with this kinda stuff.
                Do you have a diagram of this install, cause maybe i'm thinking of this the wrong way around. Wont the relay fry if you had to push the power button while the Pc is on?

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/powe...ml#post1142534

problem solve

Comment

Sorry dude i kinda read Leo_Bermago's reply wrong. My mistake.....i see what he has done. Nice one by the way......i neva thought of that!

Comment

Working...
                    X