custom o.s.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom o.s.

i have the AVIC-X910BT an am considering selling it to make a carpc. i want the simple interface of the pioneer but i want a carpc. i want it to b more like a car stero rather than a pc at first. like this

http://www.navigadget.com/wp-content...-3-300x223.jpg

but wen i go to lets say video 2 its the pc n i can use the touchscreen with my fully functional pc

You need to do more reading. Start here: Golden Link

A "front end" software is what controls the PC and access all the functionality. Most front-ends offer some degree of custimizability for aesthetics, ease of access, etc.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

but none let me use the pioneer for this. or am i missing something???????

thank u very much links were gold!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

also i havent seen any that still allow u to access windows as a pc im in youtube

Comment

You're not going to be able to run Windoze on your Pioneer AVIC, plain and simple.
          If you'd read anything in my "golden link", you'd have figured that out.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I think he means display the video from a separate carPC on the avic....which is possible, but the touch screen functionality could not interface with the PC.
            openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
            - Always Recruiting Developers -
            Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Ok. Maybe i am getting this wrong, but i think he saying he going to build a carpc with the money he got from selling his pioneer. He wants to know how to make his carpc have a simple frontend and able to switch to his windows' desktop.
              Andrew

Comment

i was confused but after hours of work i found a youtube video
                [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfccnQyClvU&feature=related[/media]

u c how he can access windows. this isent the origional video i found but its wat i was wondering. if the pc is powerful enough..... would or can u create like a custom game menu that runs mame
                http://mamedev.org/

sumtin like one of these

any1 release a front end with video gmaes support...... emulators n roms?????

im lookin for these menus

heat/ac
                windows
                games
                +systems
                gps
                radio
                +hd radio
                +net radio
                +xm
                +sirius
                music
                Video
                +TV
                +DVD
                Pictures
                Wheather

how do i go about createing my own?????????

Comment

Ok first off... try some punctuation. Next, try to actually spell out words, i.e. "you" instead of "u". It'll make you sound like less of a noob.

Lastly, that looks like a custom version of centrafuse running on an infill pre-built unit. Google "centrafuse" then google "infill carPC". You'll find it.

Are 9 question marks really necessary?
                  Tidder

Try RevFE
                  The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

I agree with the spelling ideas from tidder, thank you sir, also that is definitely centrafuse which only runs on windows

Comment

thank you very much. i will work on writeing things out to cover up my noobness

Comment

is it possible to run two front ends
                        example

when computer loads it gives 3 options

windows centrafuse Hyperspin front-end(mame)

n i can pick wich 1 i want to use.
                        if u know of a wat dose it let me switch between them. lets say im in centrafuse is there a way to switch to Hyperspin front-end?

Comment

is there a way to controll ac/heat ect. in the front end

Comment

I know people have been trying to do the HVAC control for a while now but I don't know how far they've gotten. You may be able to embed hyperspin into centrafuse but I don't think anyone has tried. You can set centrafuse up to run as the system shell which reduces load time into centrafuse and from there you can open windows if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
                              Ok first off... try some punctuation. Next, try to actually spell out words, i.e. "you" instead of "u". It'll make you sound like less of a noob.

Lastly, that looks like a custom version of centrafuse running on an infill pre-built unit. Google "centrafuse" then google "infill carPC". You'll find it.

Are 9 question marks really necessary?
                              Super mod or not.. this is not how mp3car used to be... you just made yourself look a right noob.. or was that knoob.. sorry I can't spell either !

guys asking a question and your going on about his punctuation !

CdR
                              Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X