OBDII Arduino Shield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBDII Arduino Shield

Does such a thing exist? I've see how I can make my own, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. I also saw a serial port shield. Would that work if my OBDII cable has a serial connector?

Originally posted by bwallen View Post
    Does such a thing exist? I've see how I can make my own, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. I also saw a serial port shield. Would that work if my OBDII cable has a serial connector?
    What do you want to do? The arduino is probably capable of reading the serial data off the OBD device, and you "could" write code to interpret said data, but why? Specifically, why on an arduino and not on your PC?

(As for the OBDII shield...maybe. I saw talk about it on a forum somewhere, but haven't seen a device for sale anywhere)

VegasGuy

Comment

I'd rather go with an arduino because they're smaller and more cost effective than a full fledged PC. All I really want is to output some data to an LCD screen, such as RPM, MPG, error codes, etc. This way I won't have to buy a computer and touch screen LCD.

Comment

Originally posted by bwallen View Post
        Would this be what you are looking for ?

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10039

Comment

My Arduino + CAN BUS SHIELD working.

3g CarPc Seat Leon FR 2008 - intel atom 330 - custom frontend LMC
          www2.dasilvas.info

Comment

I just made a virtual dashboard with an Arduino UNO, a LCD shield and a ELM327 adapter. Arduino communicates with a ELM327 and also gets powered from it.
            Last edited by stanleyhuang; 02-14-2012, 12:35 PM.

Comment

You can take a look at my article:
              How to let Arduino talk with your car through OBD-II

Comment

stanleyhuang, can you pm me. I need help with a project involving retrieving code from gm class 2 serial data line when the tow haul mode button is pressed. looks like in your pictures posted code is clearly visable on the screen on the arduino.

Comment

Working...
                X