X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL-in-ONE in mini-ITX form-factor

Hi, everybody!
    Sorry for my bad english.

There is an idea to develop a board of a mini-ITX form-factor with the integrated subsystems:
    1. Diagnostics (OBD2)
    2. GPS-receiver with Dead Reckoning
    3. Ultrasonic device (PDC) on 16 channels
    4. TPMS
    5. Video capture on 8 channels for parking assistant and video registration
    6. Wireless communications from GSM, GPRS to LTE
    7. Digital Radio and TV

Such product is interesting to somebody?
    What else there are ideas and requirements?
    Last edited by amadeus; 12-02-2012, 10:12 AM.

I have some idea's to continue:

8) Make it run from 8-24V input like the Intel DN2800MT board does to minimize the amount of power supply wires required.
    9) Have 2 mini PCIe slots, with at least one full size supporting 240GB mSATA SSD drives.
    10) Have an HDMI port facing inside, so people can use the board in a DDIN case with HDMI screen without looping an external cable back in.
    11) Spend $50 on a high quality audio DAC instead of a cheap realtek sound DAC... It does make a difference!
    12) Work with the JoyCon guy to integrate steering wheel control hardware.

Comment

I too want to add
      13 . Set of operated relays, for example, on powerful field transistors of type: 50% it is normally closed and 50% it is normally opened.
      14 . Set of sensors:
      - the accelerometer three-axial (acceleration measurement in three planes),
      - the magnetometer three-axial (measurement of a magnetic field in three planes),
      - gyroscope two-axial (bank, pitch),
      - gyroscope uniaxial (yaw),
      - pressure sensor and barometer (measurement of atmospheric pressure),
      - the temperature sensor (in salon, an engine compartment, baggage office, etc.),
      - vibrations sensor,
      - illumination (light) sensor,
      - humidity the sensor (in salon, behind a board, etc.)
      15 . Radar detector.

Comment

Very cool project !!!

Comment

Originally posted by amadeus View Post
          Hi, everybody!
          Sorry for my bad english.

There is an idea to develop a board of a mini-ITX form-factor with the integrated subsystems:
          1. Diagnostics (OBD2)
          2. GPS-receiver with Dead Reckoning
          3. Ultrasonic device (PDC) on 16 channels
          4. TPMS
          5. Video capture on 8 channels for parking assistant and video registration
          6. Wireless communications from GSM, GPRS to LTE
          7. Digital Radio and TV

Such product is interesting to somebody?
          What else there are ideas and requirements?
          I want to specify!
          Combining of the most demanded (popular, necessary) peripheries for CarPC on a board of a mini-ITX form-factor is supposed. The board assumes embedding in the 2DIN casing together with the motherboard the second layer. Or it can be set in the "VoomPC" casing as the separate independent device connected to CarPC.

Comment

I actually have the same idea But would be ARM based and would likely be about $1000.

Plans to include all currently mentioned other than the radar detector...

(Wouldn't need another PCIe connector since the board I am using has a SATA port built onboard...)

Not sure how long it would take although I would probably have something available much cheaper as a kit where you buy a compatible board (Think Panda board etc) and I include drivers for Linux and Android and you build it yourself. (Mostly just plug in components)

Been wondering if there really is that much of an interest for something like this...

Will be working to make Open Mobile work with this and would be included with any Linux version. Maybe I should contact amadeus directly and see what your plans are and go from there...

Comment

Working...
            X