An idea....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea....

Beeing away from the car pc playground for the good part of over a year i was struck by an idea a month back

Would there be any good in trying to get a new project up that makes a carpc system based on the raspberry pi?

that said if the idea sounds good enough, i have one very big short comming, i cant do the programming side,

But i can do all the hardware, my initial plan was to make a custom PCB that the raspberry pi kind of docks in to, my plan was to put a pin header that the pi's gpio connects to, this means that the pi had to be turned upside down, lucky the pi has to mount holes where i planned to use standoff's so the 2 things did not rattle under use

on this board of mine the plan was to integrate stuff like radio, tire pressure monitor etc etc.... maybe even CAN-bus connection.

and then fit it all in to a doulbe din cage with a touch screen... or single din with the screen external...

but give me some feedback on the idea
    Blessed are the "cracked" for it is they who let in the light.

There is another recent topic onsite where a guy made a carpc out of the raspberry pi. He used XBMC for the front end. I use XBMC for my TV at home, because I don't want to pay for cable tv, and I get lots of channels.

Comment

well that is what i would call an audio player.... what about tire pressure etc etc... not to mention radio
      Blessed are the "cracked" for it is they who let in the light.

Comment

I personally think with the way the market is for carpc's I would hold off on a major project like that. The automotive manufactures have taken the ball and are running with it. We can't compete with the millions of dollars they have to devote to R&D. I think I would take an existing product and help develope it more. I have made an all in one solution for windows boxes and outside of my client, I have had very little interest shown in it. Pick a front end and offer your help to refine a product. It's all do able. Only my thoughts and observations on this. Good Luck SNO

Comment

Working...
        X