DAB DAB+ FM Monkey Radio Android App

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAB DAB+ FM Monkey Radio Android App

I have coded a Android App for the MonkeyBoard, testet on Acer Iconia A200 and Nexus 7.
    look on Google App Store, it's for free

works:
    FM

todo:
    DAB

Video

Cheers
    Wal
    Commell LV-673, Pentium M 2GHz 533FB, 1024MB RAM, 40GB 2,5'' Festplatte, Pioneer DVR-K05 DVD, Soundblaster Live 24-Bit USB, Hami 8'' TFT, Velleman K8055 I/O Card, Selfmade Blaupunkt TwinTuner Radio
    GPS: "MapFactor PC-Navigator 7"
    Frontend: "cAVe_Live"

Hi Wal,
    Nice work mate. Just tested it on my Nexus 7 on Jellybeen, FM seems to be working okay.

If I may, if I had your programming tallents in Android I'd have a serious look at Micks Monkeyboard application the way he's implemented Monkeyboards original program. For using on the road, it's a perfect set up in my opinion.

Kind regards
    Mark
    Last edited by mspw; 05-18-2014, 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling check

Comment

New Version in App Store:
      RDS-News
      RDS-Name
      RDS-Genre
      Status

Cheers
      Wal
      Commell LV-673, Pentium M 2GHz 533FB, 1024MB RAM, 40GB 2,5'' Festplatte, Pioneer DVR-K05 DVD, Soundblaster Live 24-Bit USB, Hami 8'' TFT, Velleman K8055 I/O Card, Selfmade Blaupunkt TwinTuner Radio

Comment

Hi mate. For your reference I'm located in Australia.

The updated app isn't showing any RDS for me.
        Also, on my nexus 7 I've had to run the app with your 800x480 skin. In default, it displays oversized on the nexus screen - approx 40% oversize.

Comment

Hello,
          you can make a custom skin with your Nexus resolution. Look into skin.ini.
          The Skin from my Homepage yesterday dosen't show RDS. Reload the Skin new.

Cheers
          Walter

Comment

can you post the link to your application here. I cannot locate it in the play store.
            mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
            Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
            Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

DAB/FM MonkeyBoard App

Comment

DAB/FM MonkeyBoard App Pro

with DAB

first :
                long click DAB-Button -> DAB search
                --------------------------------------
                short click DAB-Button -> DAB Station 0
                short click Station-Buttons -> DAB Station 2-6
                <> Button -> next/back DAB Station

Comment

Hello Wal,

nice that finally someone build an android app for the monkey. I'm mainly interested in the DAB version, but I cant find any DAB specific screenshots. Do you have the additional DAB info pages already implemented?
                  I was just about to purchase a Lingo Ivy module directly from the manufacturer because it is not available anywhere, before I found out you made this app. The problem with the Ivy is the bad reception so I would prefer buing a monkey so I don't need to solder an antenna connector on the Ivy myself. Do you have any info on reception of the Monkey with your app in moving vehicles?

Grüße und danke für die App

Comment

Hey there,

Wal, for your consideration - Dab isn't well implemented in this app - for Australia at least. With Dab I get RDS ( - now showing and what's coming up next) which is the only thing telling me what station I'm on. The 'station name' never updates. I start off with a particular station name (which doesn't match the actual station playing) and it never changes or refreshes. It's enough to make a sane man twitch. FM RDS refreshes much too slow imo.

For your reference, I've tested this app on a nexus 7 running JB and an Odroid-x in both JB and Kitkat so I'm sure it's not just my imagination.

Further more, if there were was a positive button response when programming a favorite button, a keypad option for entering an FM frequency and a pull-down DAB channel menu then this would be a useful program.
                    Last edited by mspw; 05-28-2014, 10:39 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Thank you for your feedback, which is keypad option almost finished.
                      FM RDS refreshes is in Germany with the Windows App also slow, is that in Australia faster ?
                      New DAB features are high on my todo list.
                      On Odroid U3 i must install the USB APP from Chainfire for repair the USB-Stack, has the app works the same with you?

Comment

Hi Wal,

Yes, same with chainfire app on KitKat but I think JB 1.8 is okay (mine is a Odroid-x). I installed usb diagnostics (chainfire) on that but never ran the fix - Monkeyboard worked with your app on 1.8 from get go. The only thing is if I plug my usb gps in, the Monkeyboard app asks if it can associate that device (gps) with it.

FM RDS is slow on the PC app too but it varies from station to station - between 6 - 40 seconds (times determined on a perfect fm signal).

Comment

Update

New Skin, thanks Federico
                          keypad option for entering an Station
                          USB Permission changed
                          Buttonsound by store an Station

testet with:
                          HTC One 4.4.2 over USB-Hub
                          Acer Iconia A200 4.4.2
                          Odroid U3

Comment

Hello everyone,

I know this is a USB setup, but is there or has anyone set this up with a Bluetooth module? I would guess the code would need to be changed as well.
                            I would love to have the option of FM in my car and I am forced to use Bluetooth due to Samsung (Galaxy S3 T999) changing their code so HDMI and USB cannot function at the same time.

Thank you for your time,
                            Robert
                            Last edited by JrFaust; 05-30-2014, 07:01 PM.
                            That's right, you just got passed by a computerized toaster...

Comment

Originally posted by JrFaust View Post
                              Hello everyone,

I know this is a USB setup, but is there or has anyone set this up with a Bluetooth module? I would guess the code would need to be changed as well.
                              I would love to have the option of FM in my car and I am forced to use Bluetooth due to Samsung (Galaxy S3 T999) changing their code so HDMI and USB cannot function at the same time.

Thank you for your time,
                              Robert
                              I think it's not a problem with Bluetooth. A Bluetooth interface is needed, however. have you already got one?

Comment

Working...
                              X