3 conductor 2.5m mini plug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 conductor 2.5m mini plug

I am using a pvr-a1, which is a personal digital video recorder. The a/v in is a 2.5m 3 conductor jack.

I need to make a right angle connector, or something else. The cable supplied from manufacturer sucks.

Does anyone have any links or resources for 2.5m plugs? I want to solder my own or get a right angle adapter.

It's smaller than a standard headphone jack. also I am running video and audio, so its 3 CONDUCTORS and not just two (stereo).

Looking for an electric component supply place, please thanks.
    www.RAIDGEAR.net Engineering :: Research, Development and Art - all is one www.DrStein99.com

sure it's 3 conductor... or 4 conductor don't forget ground...
    R+L+V+G
    try here..
    http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/audio.htm

also did a little poking... the nokia HDD-1 headset comes with one of those plugs AND a right angle plug... you may want to do a little surgery and adapt it to what you want to do.. and e-bay has LOADS of them listed for dirt cheap... search for HDD-1
    again assuming it is 4 conductor.. tip-ring-ring-sleeve
    TechToy
    2005 Explorer
    Proudly using Centrafuse

DWW-700M + Sony XM-SD46S &
    pre-amp, XM100D
    and Icom PC1000
    Yaesu 7100M
    Kenwood TM-641

Comment

More of the same http://www.cablesandconnectors.com/PIX/phi60.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ukchris
        ukchris - thanks for the info. I've found that site. It offers only stereo or mono jacks.

I need at least 3 conductors, for stereo and video. Also, the LENGTHS of the plugs vary. So I need to get samples to pursue the compatibility.

Right now I am at a standstill, but the link from TechToy helped alot - I'll order some from there. Still open to more links please, I could use as many as possible.
        www.RAIDGEAR.net Engineering :: Research, Development and Art - all is one www.DrStein99.com

Comment

RadioShack has them, right angle 1/8th inch to three rca. The should be by the digital cameras midway though the store. You dont want one for a cell phone, that will most likely be too small, good luck!
          New car means time for a new carputer.

Planing.

Comment

Originally posted by trebuchetguy
            RadioShack has them, right angle 1/8th inch to three rca. The should be by the digital cameras midway though the store. You dont want one for a cell phone, that will most likely be too small, good luck!
            That is the final product. I am trying to buy the plugs myself to make my own cables. I need a right angle plug due to the space considerations.

The one I seen at my local radio shack is too big (headphone size). The jack I need is a step down from standard headphone size of a soundcard, and handles THREE conductors.

Radio shack doesnt seem to handle this in their stores, and online they seem to sell only a three conductor version that isnt right angle.

Comment

Working...
            X