Need help fast please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help fast please!

I have a hp e-Vectra and it has a ide50 (realy narroe and slim )connector for thr optical drive so i boght this Jae50 to IDC50 adapetr which is on the following link hoping i could find this cable .un fortunetly i didnt so i ended up with a 44pin cable somow i fabricated the cable to pit 44pins in each leavin 6 pins on mobo and DVD rom but it the DVD rom works finr it ejects and when i put cd on iti could hearing thr rom reading it and that indicated the DVD rom works fine but the problem is the computer didnt dectet the DVD drive and i tryied to do it manualy from bios since i have no os on it but thers no way coz thers only one page on bios screen. the ? is will it work if i connect all 50 pins becau when i asked someone he told me the other 6 pins are for master slave config so if any one kind enought to let me know any info about this please e-mail me at
    " [email protected] "

the jae50 to idc 50 adapter ( i have the same size idc connector this adaprte has on my motherboard (letting you know cos thers a nothe idc50 adapter which is bigger than this) )
    http://www.ultradrives.com/product_i...roducts_id/440

HOLY CRAP! After reading that, I now know what an aneurism feels like. Here's a tip. If you would like some help, act like a literate human being and ask sensibly.
    www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

easy now, you didnt help him... there is two periods in there and a question mark lol
      I GIVE FREE HUGS!
      Buy Sell or Trade
      If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
      Thank you
      Forex
      Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Owie, I gave up on reading that halfway through. Whats the question?
        D

Comment

I'm not real sure, only two words I caught were master and slave. I think he thinks he's on some kinky s&m bondage type of message board.

Comment

But really, I think he's saying he used a 44-pin Floppy cable to connect a 50-pin IDE DVD drive, and he's trying to figure out why it wont work. He wants to know if the other 6 pins do anything. I'm no expert, I haven't read a single schematic or pinout on 50 pin IDE connectors, but if I had to guess.........
            If you have 6 pins not connected, and the damn thing doesn't work, then you might need to have those 6 pins connected.
            Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not an expert, so don't listen to me. I assume no liability for anything that may happen if you connect things the way they were designed to be connected.

Comment

wtf
              [H]4 Life
              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
              I'm a lesbian too.
              I am for hire!

Comment

i dont understand the question but i think you'll find if you just buy the right adaptor / cable in the first place everything will work OK lol not as if these things are expensive using full-stops (periods) in your question makes it much easier to read you know punctuation rules.

Comment

Oh - I know what your problem is! Try this -
                  http://www.englishclub.com/
                  http://www.jeepmp3.com/
                  CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
                  Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

lol
                    bid, we are just breaking you in... mine was so bad it was deleted, i got so mad.
                    but yeah sorry guys i know my typing at times is horrible...
                    I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                    Buy Sell or Trade
                    If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                    Thank you
                    Forex
                    Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Tut Tut there you go again torching a n00b just because his spelling isn't up to standard.
                      EPIA MII: 512m Ram: LinITX 8" Touch Screen: Carnetix P1290 PSU: 802b PCMCIA Wireless card: Slot DVD Player: Touchpad: Wireless Keyboard: BU303 GPS Mouse:
                      Win 2000: RoadRunner Front End: Michelin Mapstore GPS: Netstumbler:

Comment

Originally posted by old_lou
                        Tut Tut there you go again torching a n00b just because his spelling isn't up to standard.
                        you couldn't read it either I assume
                        [H]4 Life
                        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                        I'm a lesbian too.
                        I am for hire!

Comment

I can after a fashion read it. I thought perhaps his native language wasn't English but he 's using slang like cuz so I am proberly wrong. I think the answer is, as said before, try a proper cable first then when you know its a runner you can work on bodgeing (sorry I mean readjusting) the cable connections. Also I seem to remember from work, where I usually had to connect up a cd to load something onto a hd only setup then forget to recover my CD from the stock CD Drive, that a CD drive only needs the power plug to open and not the IDE?
                          As an aside I notice he's using nested brackets (a coder?)god help us if he asks about one of his scripts.
                          EPIA MII: 512m Ram: LinITX 8" Touch Screen: Carnetix P1290 PSU: 802b PCMCIA Wireless card: Slot DVD Player: Touchpad: Wireless Keyboard: BU303 GPS Mouse:
                          Win 2000: RoadRunner Front End: Michelin Mapstore GPS: Netstumbler:

Comment

I wonder if the "50 pin IDE connector" is really a SCSI connector.
                            System status: in progress

Comment

My thoughts exactly. First off, properly identify the drive. if it has jumpers for master/slave it is an IDE drive. If it has jumpers for a terminator, paridy, and jumpers of the 2^x, then it is SCSI. If it is SCSI, you need a SCSI controller. If not, take a pic of that messed up config, and use better grammer.
                              Every day driver, 1989 Celica. Probly won't get a carpc for a while

Working on: 1972 240z. Gonna put a V8 and a Turion in it. Best power in bothworlds. Now if only I could get my theoretical boot as low as my theroretical 1/4 mile time (8.22 s)

Comment

Working...
                              X