climate control with carputer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• climate control with carputer

does anyone know how to control the climate inside the car with the carputer what hardware and software would i have to use. links would help and instructions. thanx

I'd love to know to. It would help if you mentioned what car you had, etc...
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

i just wonder what happened to that 4-ish page thread here that was full of talk about hvac<->comp interconnectivity. if it was still available i was gonna link him to it.

nvm. found it. apparently the forum was set to only sow posts from the last day. look here for more info on computer controlled heat & A/C.
      Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

could you just use a usb servo controller to push the button/flip the switch? you could also use that to control windows and stuff.

http://www.pololu.com/products/pololu/0390/
        Current status:
        wtf is a carputer??

Comment

if its all electronic you could probably just get yourself a relay board (maybe more depending on your application) and wire the relays to thwatever switches/buttons youve got. the reason why the servo controller is needed is for the manual knobs and sliders for temperature and vent control.
          Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
            I'd love to know to. It would help if you mentioned what car you had, etc...

it's a '04 vw golf gti with options like heated seats, i found a relay board for the windows, sunroof, hatch, and gas release http://www.dashwerks.com/dw_pvic.php but i'm not sure what has to be done for the temp controls since they're knobs.

Comment

Originally posted by mac2k6
              it's a '04 vw golf gti with options like heated seats, i found a relay board for the windows, sunroof, hatch, and gas release http://www.dashwerks.com/dw_pvic.php but i'm not sure what has to be done for the temp controls since they're knobs.
              it might appear the if you see knobs that means its all manual but yet in your case heater box and everything else is controlled via servos so you can easily wire it up to the parallel relay
              it can be done
              Danny.

"If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow."
              My Car Project® ‹== !10.4" Allbrite, touchscreen, epia, 150opus, gps, wireless, sony remote [old] 128x64 Crystalfontz +double din [new]

Comment

check out my site
                http://www.smokinmhz.net/
                Mazdaspeed Car Computer
                gotta redo it all

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
                  check out my site
                  Am I under the right impression that you got a control modual that will control the manual HVAC Controls? Like The buttons and temp and fan speeds?
                  -Josh
                  1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
                  My URL: https://www.facebook.com/jagray85

XBOX: DarkerStars

Comment

In my car the venting and temperature selection is manually controlled by knobs. I needed to interface stepper motors to those. I use a parallel port controller board for that.

For user info/keypad input, i am using a Crystalfontz 633.

to control A/C, Defroster and Fresh/Recirc air, i am using the 3 of the 4 fan controlling outputs of the 633 to drive some logic chips to control the cars fan, and 3 of the GPIO to control relays for A/C, Defroster and Fresh/Recirc buttons.

The software is being written in C#. I am still working on this but i am very close to being done. Ive been working on it for almost a year now.
                    Mazdaspeed Car Computer
                    gotta redo it all

Comment

hacking

EDIT
                      Looks like you can get to this info via the ecu somehow... now time to make a usb/ atmel combo that will allow us to use this info.....

I'm starting my carputer install in December (when I'm off school). I have climatronic, and will be hacking it so I can interface it with my carputer. If ANYONE has specs on this, I'd love to see them.. it will save me a lot of reverse engineering time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
                        check out my site
                        The link doesn't work

Mauri

Comment

Hey guys I havent posted in a bit but I have a solution for u.
                          While working on my dads 96 Buick Le Sabre the the car has a automatic digital control,I had to take apart the whole system and in the vacuum manifold(located under passenger side of dash) was a vacuum relay system.
                          Ill get pics and post them,but im shure you guys could figre someting out to control it from the com port.

oh and its a 5v system
                          2-15" ILO lcd w/DVI
                          6800 gt Duel DVI out
                          p4 1.6ghz flex atx board
                          1gb 400 ram
                          120gb(2-60gb raid) sata hd
                          2-60gb hotswap
                          WIN2K Pro SP2
                          M.A.M.E. w/2,300 games
                          CARPuter info

Comment

Well anyhow I cant find the solenoid board that I had but I did Find this realy nice site here
                            shows how to build a automatic climate control system and thay have a r/c servo controlboard that can control up to 6 servos.look good to me,maybe some one can interface into Fp or mc.
                            2-15" ILO lcd w/DVI
                            6800 gt Duel DVI out
                            p4 1.6ghz flex atx board
                            1gb 400 ram
                            120gb(2-60gb raid) sata hd
                            2-60gb hotswap
                            WIN2K Pro SP2
                            M.A.M.E. w/2,300 games
                            CARPuter info

Comment

use a PLC (programmable logic controller). Just program it and your done. Easy solution. As long as you know how to program a plc.

Comment

Working...
                              X