momentary > delay (2-5 sec) > momentary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• momentary > delay (2-5 sec) > momentary

I just got my M1-ATX and it works great with the computer but i want to auto power on the LCD tviw. problem is i need to delay the pulse from the M1-ATX like 2-5 sec before the pulse gets sent to the LCD switch wires.

any idea how to do tha?
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
    2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

A reeeealy long wire

Or maybe a delay circuit.

Comment

but wont the delay circut need constant power? or how does that work?
      1990 Jeep Cherokee
      2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
      2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by WebDog
        but wont the delay circut need constant power? or how does that work?
        I'd put a delay circuit that would trigger once it gets power. So u'd just connect it to your M1 and then to the LCD. Don't ask me how
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

yea maybe, hook a constant to pulse to the lcd power wires? ill have to try that tomarrow.
          So to do the below whats the parts list i will need?
          1990 Jeep Cherokee
          2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
          2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Could you use the amp turn on feature of the M1-ATX? It already has a ~2-5 delay.
            2004 4runner

Comment

yea thats a possiblity, and just use the above circit. since thats a constant.
              What relay would i need for that?
              1990 Jeep Cherokee
              2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
              2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

This is what i see on that diagram except for the 1k uf capacitor i cant seem to find it on their site. please let me know if i found the wrong parts.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=271-1126
                http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=276-1101
                http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=275%2D241
                1990 Jeep Cherokee
                2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

I don't think that circuit above is going to accomplish what your trying to do.
                  I would need a more thorough explanation as to what your trying to do.

I'm assuming you are trying to get the screen to turn on a few seconds after the pc
                  powers up? (if so.. for what reason?)

I used delay circuits in my build which I'd be more than happy to share if thats what
                  you truly need. (555 IC's)

-Squid
                  CarPuter: Dell P3-500 Laptop; D-Link WiFi; Deluo GPS; D-Link Radio; iMac DVD w/ ide2usb
                  Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Kicker KX700.5 amp; 20w center amp; Kicker L7 10" Sub
                  Display: Lilliput 7" TouchScreen
                  CarPuter Install

Comment

Originally posted by Squid
                    I'm assuming you are trying to get the screen to turn on a few seconds after the pc
                    powers up? (if so.. for what reason?)
                    Skip the BIOS screen.
                    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

naa its that the screen wont power on unless its had power for a second or so. so thats why i cant just use the aux turn on that the M1-ATX has .

I dont have it show any bios just VIA then the resuming windows screen.

Squid, if you could share that that would be great maybe thats what im looking for.
                      1990 Jeep Cherokee
                      2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                      2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Well if it's a Lilliput, you could use the Coyote Auto-Power-On mod... I do.. works great.

If it isn't, then yea you'll need a nice 555 IC circuit... and make sure you use a relay
                        to trigger the "button" of the screen so you don't accidentally send +12volts thru it!

Lemme look around and find a good 555 circuit and post it.. or anyone else that beats me to it

How long of delay do you think you need?
                        CarPuter: Dell P3-500 Laptop; D-Link WiFi; Deluo GPS; D-Link Radio; iMac DVD w/ ide2usb
                        CarPuter Install

Comment

probaly 1 - 3 sec, its not a lilli its the tview, so i just need to close the power switch wires.
                          1990 Jeep Cherokee
                          2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                          2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

so you just need to close the switch wires and not pulse them?

If so, the amp turn on feature should work. It does delay a few seconds after the main power rails come on. I don't know if it can supply enough current to switch a relay or not so you may have to take it's output through a transistor and then to your relay (same goes for the 555). If the amp delay isn't long enough for you, you can always reflash the PIC on your m1-atx to get the delay you want. The iTuner guys might take care of that for you, if you ask nicely.
                            2004 4runner

Comment

Here is the double-shot timer circuit I used to "wait" while the charging cycle
                              on my laptop started, then it "pushed" the power button on my laptop for a
                              set amount of time. Worked awesome
                              Attached Files
                              CarPuter Install

Comment

Working...
                              X