"Faking" a ps/2 mouse.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Faking" a ps/2 mouse.

Basicly I need to find a way to make the pc think that there is a ps/2 mouse pluged in this way it will load the mouse pointer and then I can use my game pad as a mouse. Any one got any clue how to make it look like a mouse is connected to the ps/2?

KVM switch? use a small mouse and hide it?

Comment

how are you using youe gamepad as a mouse? you can get a HID plugin that should work with gamepads for girder.

Comment

I'm staying away from girder as it cost money. I'm using JoyMouse from http://www.phatsoft.net/ for now. I'm going to look into making some software that is better than it though. I thought about hiding it but I would much rather just have some thing like what I have seen people make to trick there video card into thinking a monitor is pluged in.

Comment

lI am sure there is probably a way to just connect a few pins with a resistor load or summit. Or maybe you could just strip down an od mouse and use the circuit board and shorten the PS2 cable.

Comment

Yea I was hoping there was a way to use some resisters like that because it would keep it ultra small and I got enough wires under my camaro dash as is If nothing else I could just tare an old mouse apart and shorten the cable. I'v got probably 12 laying around here. So we will see if any one chimes in with how to do this with resisters and if not I will tare me apart a mouse

Comment

oh just thought i would add, girder is an amazing program btw. it can do things like graphic volume OSD etc with jsut a few clicks not to mention a load of other things. I have used the free version for years and i just forget it is running. never given me any problems - the perfect program. Will be getting the pay version for my carPC to use a hacked gamepad anologue joystick as a mouse controller.

Comment

Do you know if girder can vary the mouse speed based on the analogs sticks distance from center of the axis?

Comment

Originally posted by hcker2000
                  Do you know if girder can vary the mouse speed based on the analogs sticks distance from center of the axis?
                  no idea. best ask at the girder site (and post your answer back on here )

i use an old plugint hat accelerates the mouse the longer the button ont he remote is pressed. It has two speeds with the second coming in when you hold th ebutton down for more than a second or so. oyu just set the pixel movement for the 2 speeds.

Comment

Ahh see thats how the Joymouse is and it is anoying. I want it so when I move the stick all the way to the left it moves the mouse fast left. When I move the stick a little to the left it moves the mouse slowly left.

Comment

i should imagine girder does as you want using an anologue joystick as all the x-y data will be there from the joy control. if not i am sure it wont be too hard to make.

EDIT: let me know how it goes as i want this feature too eventually

Comment

Yea I think it was frodo who whiped some thing up in like 5 min. It didn't do exactly like I wanted but that was because he dosn't have an analog joystick to try it out with. Wish he would let me know if he ever figured it out or not.

Comment

Wow, look like a private convo here.

Mind if I join?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris31
                            Wow, look like a private convo here.

Mind if I join?
                            yup, if you have something useful to say!

(looks like you just did)

ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME NOW???

Comment

Originally posted by hcker2000
                              Ahh see thats how the Joymouse is and it is anoying. I want it so when I move the stick all the way to the left it moves the mouse fast left. When I move the stick a little to the left it moves the mouse slowly left.
                              Stick pointer as found in laptops?

Comment

Working...
                              X