Kenwood Cd-Changer To AUX. Input

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenwood Cd-Changer To AUX. Input

Well, I found an old Kenwood radio in a car in my backyard, its a KDC-7003 btw.

I was looking for a solution to use the cd-changer plug to put have an Aux In.

I found this and this websites. And Also I noticed they dont make cables for my radio.

The 2nd website didnt work with my radio, I guess his pinouts werent the same.
    The other site helped me the most.

Anyways, heres what I want to post:

For you guys who have old kenwood's (95'ish) with cd-changer And are looking for a tut to have aux-in read on.

First, You need the following: 10K Resistor, 2x Female Rca plug. Maybe some wire and solder if you want.

Next you need to Put the resitor between Points 1 and 9(by inserting the legs of the resitor in the holes or soldering on the pcb). Use the following picture for pinouts. (credit to mictronics.de)

Next You need To use:
    Point 12 for Left Channel Positive.
    Point 8 for Right Channel Positive.
    Point 6 For Ground.

Done. If this doesnt work try Anthony DiSante's tutorial (must be because you have a newer radio or something.)

Credit to : Mictronics(pinouts + picture) and nodivisions(resistor's resistance)

Hey Kevinlekiller..!!!!

you did this aux input in your radio??

I have a Kenwood KDC-4007 and want to connect my mp3 player via RCA ...
    my KDC 4007 is a older head unit, i think 1995-1998 maybe

tested with the Kenwood adapter called the CA-C1AX and DONT work for me...!

Comment

Hi jasm tech, sorry for taking so long to post, I forgot this thread. Yes I did this for that Head unit.

The reason the CA-C1AX doesnt work is because there are diferent pinouts on some models of the kenwood's, for example anthony's pinouts are not the same and he used the CA-C1AX with sucess. But he as a newer Head Unit than ours (mine is 1995 to 1998).

You say your head unit is a 1995 - 98 so try my tutorial and see if you have sucess (im pretty sure it will work). Since me too the CA-C1AX did not work.

Comment

Having trouble with the pinout...

Hi to all...

I have a brand-new KDC 5031 and I want to build the aux-in adapter because it's too expensive...

I'm having trouble with the pinout you suggested...

Is this layout the soldering side or the front view of the female plug?

I tried also this:

and the pinout is completely different... I mean, the pins are "swapped"

thanks in advance!

simons

Comment

I like the way the host of your images protects them.

DON'T HOTLINK, JERK.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by simonspt
            Hi to all...

I have a brand-new KDC 5031 and I want to build the aux-in adapter because it's too expensive...

Check the back of your Kenwood KDC-5031 ,i think your radio have the AUX In(RCA input), so you dont need the CA-C1AX adapter.!!!!

My Radio is a Kenwood KDC MP5028 and have the AUX input for my mp3 player..!!!!! and dont need the AUX in adapter..!

Comment

Just checked but it doesn't have an aux in input...

The manual too suggest to buy the adaptor to have an auxiliary input..

I think Anthony's solution is better than buy that adaptor (it costs about 40 EUR)

Do you know the exact pinout?

Thanks

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the forum, Sorry for my first post to be a question but..

I have a kenwood KDC-5010 headunit build 1998 sold 1999ish It has a 13Pin DIN plug on the back, I tried what you said and bridged the necasary componants without a resistor and it enabled DISC/AUX menu when I search through the sources i thought to myself "How cool, I can finally wire up my spair xbox" Next thing I know I found a few more tutorials on how to do this and i just cant get audio input working, i tested with my minidisc player running a 3.5mm photo to rca plug and plugd the rca's into what i did, and no luck..
                Is there a point to running a 10k resistor does it do anything different?? All I get is NO CH on the headunits face...

Cheers
                MaT

P.S- All help appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by HoZy
                  Hi, I'm new to the forum, Sorry for my first post to be a question but..

I have a kenwood KDC-5010 headunit build 1998 sold 1999ish It has a 13Pin DIN plug on the back, I tried what you said and bridged the necasary componants without a resistor and it enabled DISC/AUX menu when I search through the sources i thought to myself "How cool, I can finally wire up my spair xbox" Next thing I know I found a few more tutorials on how to do this and i just cant get audio input working, i tested with my minidisc player running a 3.5mm photo to rca plug and plugd the rca's into what i did, and no luck..
                  Is there a point to running a 10k resistor does it do anything different?? All I get is NO CH on the headunits face...

Cheers
                  MaT

P.S- All help appreciated
                  The 10K resistor is needed to work correctly.. I made the adaptor and now it works fine... I have a brand new KDC-5031.
                  The resistor is essential because the charger is considered present only if the pin 9 is connected to a logical "low" voltage.
                  Here you can find the description of each pin.
                  http://www.mictronics.de/?page=cdc_proto#Kenwood
                  If you leave pin 9 open or if you connect it to +12v is the same of a logical "high" voltage.

I got the same error as you when I plugged my adaptor on another model (labeled KRC and other numbers) and when trying to access the charger, the display said "CH NO"...

Greetings..

Simons

Comment

thanks man i'll try this out again when i get a 10k resistor i appreciate it. Then i'll crack her open again and solder her up

Cheers
                    MaT

Comment

Would I be able to use a 100k resistor?? or a couple of 1.5k resistors instead of a 10k resistor, I've been on holidays and havent been able to get out.

Cheers
                      MaT

Comment

you can use 2 100k resistors in parallel or 7 1.5k resistors in parallel. I don't know if other values are acceptables. you can try some values you have.

Cheers...
                        simons

Comment

in parralel you mean
                          This is my lil diagram to understand what you mean
                          key:
                          resistor = ---[||||]---

Diagram:
                          ---[||||]---
                          ---[||||]---

Parallel is that? or is that series, i always get the 2 confused.

Cheers
                          Mat

P.S- I just found 10x1k resistors, i might just use dthem in series since im soldering it to the mainboard anyway, no one will see and i can do it neatly Thanks for all your help.

Comment

hi there

i have tried this with my KDC-MP7018 and it works great

then i tired with my mates HU which is a little newer and got nothing so obviously the pin outs are diffrent to the ones above. has anybody got a diffrent set of pinouts. or has got it to work but not using the above pinouts?

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by BenGDoG3851
                              hi there

i have tried this with my KDC-MP7018 and it works great

then i tired with my mates HU which is a little newer and got nothing so obviously the pin outs are diffrent to the ones above. has anybody got a diffrent set of pinouts. or has got it to work but not using the above pinouts?

thanks in advance
                              I have 2 other pinouts from a KRC. but none of them worked for me.
                              try this:

and this:

CYA

Simons

Comment

Working...
                              X