V1 disassembly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V1 disassembly

Does anyone know how to disassemble the V1 safely without damaging it? I wonder if we could extend the front and rear sensors for a better view of the road...

I know its possible since I've heard of a person do that on supraforums.. but they didn't tell how they did it.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

He didnt intentionally tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Tred
        He didnt intentionally tell?
        No clue

That's from what I remember. Maybe you need to to a search there or post a question
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

pardon me, but whats V1?

Comment

Originally posted by LagunaICE
            pardon me, but whats V1?
            Valentine One radar detector.
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I've been thinknig about doing the same thing, but not too sure I want to be the guinea pig A stealth V1 would be awesome.
              Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

I dont know how that would work.
                I took apart my V1 a while back, and the sensors are a solid metal block for both the front and the rear, with cavities in it to capture the signals (the front one is much larger than the rear).

I believe that these cavities are basically waveguides, and if so they must be at precise sizes in length and diameter to capture the right frequencies.

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

Would you be able to remove the sensors? how are the sensors attached to the board? ...Im thinking we could relocate the sensors and run some long wires to the solder points on the main unit.

Comment

yea, I took apart mine and saw that same metal casing... the only way I was thinking I could do it was maybe fiber optics??... but I'm not sure how well that would work considering the wavelength of radar
                    90% done - Sempron 64 2600+, MSI RS480M, 512mb, 80gb hd, 7" Lilliput, 802.11g pci, Itrek gps, Panasonic slim slot DVD/CDRW (broke :( ), Hauppage Wintv, Iguidance 2.0, Opus 150w, Griffin Powermate, Optima Yellowtop, Infiniti 6002i & 9603i

My Install

Comment

Hello,

Here in France, with some friends of me, we have already a little bit worked on this...
                      And the results is : IMPOSSIBLE...
                      It's a one-block part....

Always about this, here is what a friend, technician in laser jammer technology, answered me about this :
                      "Separating V1s antennas would be like separating Siamese twins . I can
                      tell you already that you don't want to do that! Probably inside there are
                      joint receiver parts which server both front and rear antenna so if you were
                      to separate systems you would have to replace some parts on one side."

I've already wrote a letter to Valentine support to ask them about this possibility, and they just answered me : No, It's not possible, no way...

here are the pics :

+++

Forden

Comment

wow, i never knew it was one peice of metal. So much for that idea.

Comment

the openings in the back and the front, I am guessing, have to have specific parameters to work properly, just trying to make them bigger wouldn't necessary help, unless you did it to the proper specifications.

It would probably be conceivable that you could relocate the laser sensor.

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

Working...
                          X