Heeeelllppp!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heeeelllppp!!

Hello everyone ! , i would like to know if anyone know where can i find a diagram with the specifications to make a cifford cable , the cable that conects the alarm to the computer !!

thankes !
    Lsilva

Theres a MAX232 chip equivalent in that little box.

All it does is translate the TX/RX TTL level into an RS232 level for the PC. If you look at the clifford connector you find theres 3 pin, (RX/TX), GND, +V

As for the circuit, no I havent seen one and I dont think anyone had bothered to draw it.

Comment

thanks , but i wont to make one , because were i live is very expinsive ! and if i make one is more cheap !!

anyone has the draw ?!?!?

Comment

Ok man, give me a few days...Ill post some pics for you.

Comment

hei man thank you , i will wait for the pictures !!

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about, but it sounds like you might want to take a look here http://www.compsys1.com/workbench/On...3_adapter.html
            you should be able to use one of these adapters (i would recommend A232DBH ). Make sure you know if you are ordering the assembled board, or an unassembled kit.

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

Just a little side note.

Your talking about the Clifford Alarm units, right? Well, my question is this, are you talking about the version that has PC software for program or the bitwriter units? Cause if the alarm is bitwriter compatible, then you would have to write your own programming software for the alarm.
              Mark

Car'Puter Project
              - Xenarc 700TSV
              - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
              - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
              - M2-ATX
              - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
              - Garmin 15H GPS
              - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

I think its the cliffnet hes on about.

Comment

yes is the clifnet , im looking for de diagram of the cable ,to make one !!
                  if anyone know were can i find one !?

thankes
                  Lsilva

Comment

Im trying, im trying...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Heres the drawing >>>

The diagram is the exact copy of it, so just follow the guide and make your clone from it.

I cant seems to work out what is the part number for the regulator. It say something like LM293 which is a wrong part number. That regulator should be equivalent to the 78L05 +5V regulator as the SP232ACN requires a 5V supply.

The SP232ACN is equivalent to MAX232CPE, if you do need to use that part then you must change the capacitor C4,C5,C12 and C13 to 1uF. I have no idea why the C13 is rated at 50V. 25V rating for all the capacitor should be fine. Just follow the standard MAX232CPE circuit.

The optional power is not really needed so R2 and the jack socket can go. The Clifford alarm can provide the supply.

The cliffnet female connector is viewed from the front with the champered edge on the top. That is the connector on the cliffnet adapter cable as shown on the pics. So make sure you dont get confused with the Clifford alarm unit itself. Same goes for the DB9 female connector.

If in doubt use a multimeter on the Clifford alarm to verify the connections. You should see a GROUND, +V and I/O. I dont know how much the +V should be as I no longer have that type of alarm but it should be greater than 5V.

Just be warned, I have never built this circuit, I only drew what I saw from the circuitboard so there could well be some errors. I shouldnt think so but you never know.

Thats it. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

EDIT : Corrected the drawing.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Heres the PDF if you are having problem reading the text.
                            Attached Files

Comment

thank you for the images and the diagram , i hope i can make it !!

Lsilva

Comment

Working...
                              X