remote startup question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote startup question

has anyone done any remote startup for their system that i could implement on my bmw ?

I dont know much, but i would think maybe there is a device i can hardwire to the opus acc and just push a button to start my computer with out effecting anything else on the car? is this about right or is there anything close to this i can do?

looking for a cheap solution rather than something insane.
    Go on and do it, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied,
    Whatever it is, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied.

CarPc progress |OOOOXCOOOO| 57%

You could get a cheap car alarm that has an aux. channel to control a 12V relay to turn your computer on remotely.
    1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

thanks im not electrical, so i have to read up on relays and such

Comment

also i should be able to set the opus for like 10 mins or something so it doesnt start up and shut off before i get to my car ?

Comment

Try this for size. Really easy to build, small and has every thing you need.
          http://electronickits.com/kit/complete/elec/ck1616.htm
          I used one relay output to "click" the start button. Clicking again has the system hibernate.
          That leaves 3 to go
          1981 VW Scirocco, 2L 16v turbo. EEEPC 1000 running Mega Squirt and music.
          Http://www.menloparkrandd.com/scirocco

Comment

Originally posted by Juliemac
            Try this for size. Really easy to build, small and has every thing you need.
            http://electronickits.com/kit/complete/elec/ck1616.htm
            I used one relay output to "click" the start button. Clicking again has the system hibernate.
            That leaves 3 to go

thats hot

Comment

That is a nice kit. Are there any that allow feedback to them with more buttons? example, you push a button and while you hold it it sends a signal back telling if your pc is on or not.

Comment

Working...
              X