Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor circuit with reverse

Hey all, looking for some help here.

I want to build a circuit that when it gets power it will move a motor until it hits some sort of sensor. Then when power goes away it moves in reverse until it hits a sensor. I've been googling it but can't find too many good resources. If I can't figure this out I'd have to just use a toggle switch and stop the motor myself.

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

you could do this with a few relays and some spst switches.
    96' Mercedes Benz C36 -Matte Black-
    Status..::... {##------}25%~~ back to planning

Comment

Ok, I'm fairly sure its way too late for this, but heres an icredibly easy to understand paint rendering

The red box is a latching DPDT relay. The green liney thing on the left is a SPST relay, and the blue things are your switches to stop it from moving.

Now, I'm not entirely sure it would work, but I'm not gonna worry about that now. Maybe tomorrow morning.
      Attached Files
      2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
      7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
      80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

while not quite sure what you are trying to accomplish and how, but i believe i read something somewhere that you could control a stepper motor via parallel port quite easily...

Comment

You can use a mini-SSC controller to run a servo. You can control how far it goes. If necessary, you can use a continuous rotation servo. The controller is accessible via VB and the serial port.

What is the application of the motor?
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

this circuit should work. it better both the switchs are normally closed even though the diagram doesnt look like it. M$ paint isnt really that good. And im watching blind-date right now so im kinda preoccupied.
            Attached Files

Comment

well i have two different applications for it, one for moving an LCD and the other is to possibly rotate an antenna

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by markland556
                this circuit should work. it better both the switchs are normally closed even though the diagram doesnt look like it. M$ paint isnt really that good. And im watching blind-date right now so im kinda preoccupied.
                Could you explain this a little bit? Are those SPST or SPDT relays?

Thanks.

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

I tried building that circuit using SPST relays, it didn't work right.

What I need is so that when you give it power the motor spins up, then when it hits the first switch it stops.

When you kill the power to the circuit it spins in reverse until it hits the second switch.

Back to the drawing board I guess, I burnt up one SPST relay though

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

Did you try mine? The SPST relay should stop the current, until the Accessory power is lost. Then the reset coil would become energized, and would run until the sensor was tripped. Then the whole thing would wait until the reset was triggered (power to ACC was lost) and would run until the second sensor was triggered.
                    2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
                    7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
                    80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

Originally posted by kiltjim
                      Did you try mine? The SPST relay should stop the current, until the Accessory power is lost. Then the reset coil would become energized, and would run until the sensor was tripped. Then the whole thing would wait until the reset was triggered (power to ACC was lost) and would run until the second sensor was triggered.
                      I didn't try it because I was having a hard time understanding it.

I was talking with my cousin and he said it'd probably need a few more relays, like 3 or 4.

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

im sure mine would work, but i diddnt really finish, if you really want me to make you one i will.

Comment

i would appreciate it, I haven't had much luck trying to figure it out. I can build it, just can't design it

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

Hey freestyler,
                            What do you have in mind? You said something about moving an LCD?

I'm doing something similar. I'm using a microcontroller to drive 4 servos. The servos have feedback sensors built in so I don't need any switches to stop the motors. Check out my prototype:
                            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55392
                            ---> '02 Jeep Wrangler Jeeputer Install:
                            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80695

Comment

Originally posted by DjDrewDigital
                              Hey freestyler,
                              What do you have in mind? You said something about moving an LCD?

I'm doing something similar. I'm using a microcontroller to drive 4 servos. The servos have feedback sensors built in so I don't need any switches to stop the motors. Check out my prototype:
                              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55392

interesting, very simliar to what I'm doing, however I'm going for more a more cosmetically appealing solution with a fiberglass bar to add to my soundbar I made.

I haven't had time to work on this, too much wedding planning lately. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to revist it.

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                              X