Announcement: Vanlentine One USB Adapter Pilot test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: Vanlentine One USB Adapter Pilot test

Many of you have seen the work I have been doing on the V1 Virtual Display and the USB adapter. I am finally ready to make a small batch for people who are interested in getting the hardware first, and tracking down any issues. Take a look at the website for more details.

http://www.ExitZer0.com/

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Hello,

First!!!
    At least one 4 the moment, and if it works I'll certainly order you a lot of, for the rest of my "crew"

PS : I live in France.
    PPS : V1, vers. 1.7, not 1.8.

+++

Forden

Comment

V1 pilot test

Hi,

I have a Valentine One and the ttl2usb hardware, and would be interested if you have a software beta you wish for me to try out.

Comment

i don;t have a valentine one yet but am trying to get one soon. I am interested in your hardware.
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Originally posted by dannunn
          Hi,

I have a Valentine One and the ttl2usb hardware, and would be interested if you have a software beta you wish for me to try out.
          if the ttl2usb shows up as a com port, you should be able to run the V1 Virtual Display software with it, without the muting features and the auto configuration. You can download it from the web page.

If you have any comments/suggestions email them to me, post them on the web page, or in this thread http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48165 for now.

Thanks

|V1 Virtual Display|

Comment

V1vd

Thanks for the reply. I tried it out yesterday before I posted that and couldn't get it to work initially.

I set it to the COM port of the ttl2usb, and while the V1VD didn't initially connect, it seemed to connect about five minutes later. The problem I had, however, is that it must not receive my V1's signals correctly. Most of the time when it goes off (when it's connected), nothing happens. A few times, the display has popped up, but with only a backward arrow or the "Ka" light or something, not the full display (and not usually correct on what does come up, either).

It's probably my configuration, though. Software one doesn't work either (although it does connect too).

Comment

As long as the device is on the system, it should be able to connect, but as you saw, it doesn't mean much. There isn't any handshaking or anything, it just opens the port and waits for data. I wish I could be more help, but I don't really know the details of the hardware.

|V1 Virtual Display|

Comment

Can you give me an idea of when you expect the pilot to start and what the costs will be? I just mailed in my details, I have a V1 installed and just got my PC up and running so I'm ready for some testing.

Comment

yea i am curios at as to the cost aswell
                  -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

I am hoping to have enough people to place the order in 3 weeks, and the units should start to be shipped out (in the order people send me their info) between 2 and 5 weeks after that. I'll be sending requests for payment a week before the order is made.

The cost for the units is $65 shipped to the US, which is cost plus a few bucks for assembly, since I am assembling them myself.

I am looking into the costs and customs requirements to shipping to europe, since I have received a lot of interest, so the cost for that is going to have to be figured out. Also, we are looking any legal concerns, especially for countries that have strict anti-radar laws.

|V1 Virtual Display|

Comment

Ah, I see, thank you for the information. Perhaps a hidden debug mode is in order, that dumps the signals received over the COM port to a window or text file?

This would probably help you down the line to debug some errors in the hardware you're releasing.

Comment

there are some other tools for that sort of thing, but I cant think the the name off the top of my head. You can dump all the data to a log file, but it doesn't help if you aren't actually getting any data.

|V1 Virtual Display|

Comment

sidetrack slightly

with the virtual display, does anyone has any innovative way to mount the V1 "hidden"?

the problem of integrated sensor detectors, is that you have mount it more or less on the dash
                          CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Comment

Hello,

Just as Dannunn, I bought a TTL2usb+V1 adapter, and neither SoftOne nor V1VD work with it ;((
                            I've tried 2 times Zpilott's schematics, and it doesn't work as well... ;-(

I've tried multiple V1 configuration : differents cables, differents position of the CD+RA, shorter cables, different batteries, in/out the car ( I own a battery at my home )... nothing did work ;((

PS : The only thing I can confirm is the signal loss is really important ( and mostly when a RJ11 doubler is put in the circuit.... Concealed Display LEDs have lower "shinning" ).

-> ptk : Why should it change anything ? You previously had the CD which made "stealth" installs possible... ;-)

+++

Forden

Comment

Originally posted by forden
                              -> ptk : Why should it change anything ? You previously had the CD which made "stealth" installs possible... ;-)
                              Forden
                              i am a little confused about your answer. how does the CD (what CD by the way) make stealth install possible?

CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Comment

Working...
                              X