DEI alarm scanning module hacking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEI alarm scanning module hacking

Well i love these things they hav such a cool chaser circuit. And i want to do a huge version of one. I cracked one open and need some help identifiying parts.
    The number on the IC is 22950.(i think)
    745F capacitor
    KSP 2222A EB533 transistor

and ill get the rest of the number later. I just need to know what kinda IC that is and where i can get it.
    Attached Files
    96' Mercedes Benz C36 -Matte Black-
    Status..::... {##------}25%~~ back to planning

Functions of this device?

Mauri

Comment

If I am understanding correctly, its just a LED chaser circuit, right? If it is, you can just search the web for about a billion variations.

My favorite is using a 4017 and a timer of some sort, a 555 is a good start.
      2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
      7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
      80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

You can always hack that one - replace each LED with a transistor driving a relay, :-D

Furthermore - this is a sweet idea for a ricer :-P

Comment

I think this is what you want ... if ur looking for chaser only .

Cheers
          Mastero
          Attached Files

Comment

i know about the 4017 one and 555 one, i had 100 PCB's made for xbox's they are sweet only sold like 20 though. They are round, pretty cool, but this one has a better flash pattern and is alot more simple. I guess i could do the one above because i have all the parts x 100. LOL. Just that this one goes to one side and then back, looks pretty cool. It would just be soo much simpiler doing it the way its set up inside that little thing. Just wish i knew what kinda chip that was......

Comment

Originally posted by markland556
              i know about the 4017 one and 555 one, i had 100 PCB's made for xbox's they are sweet only sold like 20 though. They are round, pretty cool, but this one has a better flash pattern and is alot more simple. I guess i could do the one above because i have all the parts x 100. LOL. Just that this one goes to one side and then back, looks pretty cool. It would just be soo much simpiler doing it the way its set up inside that little thing. Just wish i knew what kinda chip that was......

www.icmaster.com

Comment

Use a PIC, set up a lookup table and define your own flash pattern. Step through the lookup and output it on the port at a rate you want.

Even PWM the output such that the light persists/dims/brigthens.

Much cheaper to have a single chip design. Using timers, gates, multiplexers is gay these day. Problem is you have to code the MCU yourself, preferably in ASM so you get full control of it.

Comment

programming is always my limitation. I can do all the hardware, just when it comes to the programming im stuck.

Comment

programming is always my limitation. I can do all the hardware, just when it comes to the programming im stuck.
                    Tell me what you want and i shall make the program for you .... and even a hardware layout .... as long as your requirment is simple

Cheers
                    mastero

Comment

all i really want like like a 50 led chaser that gets too the end and goes back and forth. maby have each led fade out. If you could design/program something like this i would totally be willing to give you a little $$.

Comment

Here are a couple links for you:
                        Pic version http://www.josepino.com/14/index.html
                        Analog version http://www.xs4all.nl/~odu/lights.html
                        My fav (pic based) http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_pic6_1.htm
                        You could use some type of port expander (as you would with any that have 100 leds) to change the number of LED.

Comment

wow, those pic ones seem soo simple, im gunna look into it, cause there are soo many other uses.

Comment

all i really want like like a 50 led chaser that gets too the end and goes back and forth. maby have each led fade out. If you could design/program something like this i would totally be willing to give you a little $$.
                            WOW 50! ok i will see what i can come up with ... as for the $$$ dont bother free have a lot of time thanks to the rains everything is shut You want all fifty in one line or in two line ??

Comment

man this is going to be great

Comment

Working...
                              X