hacking palm pilot screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hacking palm pilot screen

anyone have any experience hacking a palm pilot screen to work with VGA?

here is one for a good price

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.co...item=1&mitem=2

This article doesnt use the vga type screens, but the old Palm III's. Makes the palm emulate the Matrix Orbital LK204-25 LCD. Its a start.
    they made me laugh
    -------------------------------
    "Damn pounds. Euros and USD!" - N09

"don't ruin my dreams! my parents did plenty of that " -Hcomplyr

Comment

thanks for the link saw this one a while back. it would be awesome if we could emulate the desktop screen and also utilize the touchscreen function.

Comment

Originally posted by ash
        This article doesnt use the vga type screens, but the old Palm III's. Makes the palm emulate the Matrix Orbital LK204-25 LCD. Its a start.
        Oooooh! Nice
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I've got an old Palm Pilot Pro that I'm using (nowadays) as LCD Screen for my PC.

The program for the Palm Pilot Pro, is the palmorb1.1_alpha (which is modified for "different" resolutions) and as a LCD server, I'm using smartie that is referenced in the same page as the palmorb...

It works very nice for me... I can read the Download/Upload ratios, change the current song in Winamp, view a spectrum analyzer, etc... without switch-on the main VGA screen.... the only bad thing is that the Palm Display is in B&W, and the backlight is a little bit poor... but it's free for me. And of course... you can use the touchscreen, and assign functions to the "on-screen" keyboard...

Give it a try...

Comment

Just got it working for myself. Very nice. I may have to scrap the whole membrane switch panel/microprocessor/relay card idea I was thinking about.

Maybe I can capture the output from the palm's keyboard and use the commands to use the relay card. That way I wouldn't need the computer on all the time to use the relay card. For that matter, anything could be controlled over the serial link.
            2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
            7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
            80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

thanks SwiftpRince I will check it out.

Comment

Working...
              X