12v PSU output

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v PSU output

Can anyone see any problems with using the 12v rail from my M1 to power a circuit board I have cooked up. It has a bunch of relays that control an electric motor. I'm concerned about the inductive load dumping a load of power into the other items on the rail when it is shut off.

Anyone got any thoughts?

(The board controls the motorised screen I manufactured - I can supply a circuit diagram if anyone is interested)

shouldn't be a problem.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

As long as you're using the 12v to power the relay and NOT the motor itself, yeah.

Comment

cheers guys!

Comment

BTW if that's a home-brew motorized screen, I'd definately be interested in seeing how you did it.
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Dont forget the diode across the relay. I did and fried my Mo-fo-Board

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte
              BTW if that's a home-brew motorized screen, I'd definately be interested in seeing how you did it.
              I'll take some pictures - having a bit of a nightmare with the limit switches but should have it done by the weekend

Comment

Working...
              X