Car Window Switch Replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Window Switch Replacement

Im trying to make a screen come up in the back of my car, and i hooked it up to a power window motor, but i've been looking for a power window switch to put on my center console to control it, but all the single power window switches i find are like 30 or more dollars, and on ebay, there mainly all bunched together, no single switches.

So I'm looking for a switch, that I can use instead of an actual window switch. But all I know is that it's a rocker type switch, but all of those, just switch from one side to the other, they don't pop back up like car window switches.

Is there such a switch replacement, and does anyone know where I can find one?
    -=Chevy CarPC=-

ETA: When i get more time

-Custom Fiberglass Case
    -Epia M-10000 Nehemiah 1Ghz
    -Sony CDRW-DVD Drive
    -Seagate 120mb Hardrive
    -Opus 90w Power Supply
    -Lilliput 7" LCD

Try mouser.com. They've got varieties of switches.
    EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

Don't know what it's actually called in english but in Sweden it's called unistabil or monostabil.
      Would guess it would translate into unistable/monostable. It comes in different versions
      (on)-off / (on)-off-(on) / (off)-on / (off)-on-(off). Where the one in paranthesis (sp?)
      is when the button is pushed, which then reverts back to its original position..
      If you're using a power window motor, then you problably would want the possibility of
      moving the screen down after hoisting it up. Thus a (on)-off-(on) switch would be perfect.

Cheers
      /p

Comment

You have to use a double pole double through with center OFF, Like those.

And here is the Wireing.

Comment

MGD, do those revert back to the center, like paran0id mentioned?
          -=Chevy CarPC=-

-Custom Fiberglass Case
          -Sony CDRW-DVD Drive
          -Seagate 120mb Hardrive
          -Opus 90w Power Supply
          -Lilliput 7" LCD

Comment

is paranoid talking about a momentary switch?
            PC Components:
            Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
            My work log

Comment

you're looking for momentary switches. but why would you want to hold and press a button while the monitor rises?

why dont you consider using a togle switch with a micro switch that will cut power when the monitor when it reaches its predetermined height? and then another switch at the bottom the monitors travel.
              New System in progress:
              M10k
              Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
              Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
              Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
              Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
              Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
              My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

http://www.4x4mods.com/
                ---> '02 Jeep Wrangler Jeeputer Install:
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80695

Comment

junkyard and start ripping apart car doors

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx
                    you're looking for momentary switches. but why would you want to hold and press a button while the monitor rises?

why dont you consider using a togle switch with a micro switch that will cut power when the monitor when it reaches its predetermined height? and then another switch at the bottom the monitors travel.
                    I thought about that, and that's why I went with the window switch. I also got one of those power window modules, that allows for one-touch open and closing of windows. So i just push down once and it goes down, then i push up once, and it goes back up. but I still need a replacement for window switches because there rediculously expensive, and there has to be a normal switch that does that same thing.
                    -=Chevy CarPC=-

-Custom Fiberglass Case
                    -Sony CDRW-DVD Drive
                    -Seagate 120mb Hardrive
                    -Opus 90w Power Supply
                    -Lilliput 7" LCD

Comment

Working...
                    X