auto window roll up-down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto window roll up-down

I was wondering if anyone here knows a circuit i can use to make my own window roll down, its the same for window roll up.

It needs to be able to get a momentary ground signal and give out +5v for a preset ammount of time. I think a 555 timer will work i just need to find out a way to get a resistor value to = seconds.
    Just if anybody has some input it would be appreciated.
    96' Mercedes Benz C36 -Matte Black-
    Status..::... {##------}25%~~ back to planning

If your using a 555, you can also increase the capacitor size.

I'd be concerned with the 555 driving the window motor too long. A limiter switch would be wise. You could use the limiter switch to add another resistor in parallel so the charge (or discharge) ramp increased dramatically.

Comment

well currently the circuit i was thinking of wont work. If you have a better idea, or one at alll for that matter i would appreciate it.
      96' Mercedes Benz C36 -Matte Black-
      Status..::... {##------}25%~~ back to planning

Comment

I've just been researching this topic 2 days ago, here are the first few links that came to mind:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rpaisley4/LM555.html#20
        http://www.williamson-labs.com/555-circuits.htm
        http://www.electronics-tutorials.com/devices/555.htm
        http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/ka.../555_timr.html

Time delay varies up to 10 minutes (after that it gets highly inaccurate), plus, if you use "regular" capacitors there's a 20% of uncertainty.
        Time = 1.1 x Resistance (in Ohms) x Capacity (in Farads)
        For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
        Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
        Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

just use a window roll up-down module from a stereo shop as long as u got a momantery output pulse it will do the work for you

by the way if you only use a timer you will burn out the window motors in months you need a current sensing device to shut the power off when the window opens or closes all the way

if the battery power or the temp is different from when you set the timing the window will not close or open all the way or will keep trying to close or open the window for to long thats what will burn the motors out

Comment

Window module for use with alarm's pulse can be purchased at almost any stereo/car alarm installation shop. Dirt cheap too.
            I use Viper/DEI 529T for the pass 10 years (between my 2 supras) without a single problem.
            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Get the DEI 530T instead of the DEI 529T. The 530 controls 2 windows up and down, and has one-touch built in auto up/down. The 529T controls 1 window, and doesn't have built in one-touch auto up/down.

Comment

Originally posted by widower
                If your using a 555, you can also increase the capacitor size.

I'd be concerned with the 555 driving the window motor too long. A limiter switch would be wise. You could use the limiter switch to add another resistor in parallel so the charge (or discharge) ramp increased dramatically.
                If you are using a 555 timer w/ large capacitor, make sure you get good caps (i.e. not ceramic). If your timing is too large, the cap may leak current, never reach the full threshold voltage, and not trigger.
                PCChips M789 v3 w/ Samuel 2000+ S3Vid Lan AC97, 40 GB 7200PRM, 512 DDR266, Xenarc 700YV, PAC AAI-GM9 Headunit Adapter, Sirius Sportster, touchpad mouse input.

Comment

Working...
                X