ipod control pad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipod control pad

well heres the deal i got an IPOD with a broken screen for $30, and i really dont want to buy a new screen for it because the plastic is all munched up around the edjes. So can i use the click wheel for like my overall volume control on my car PC and the buttons to skip to the next song, ect..?
    96' Mercedes Benz C36 -Matte Black-
    Status..::... {##------}25%~~ back to planning

I dont see why not, just figure out where the connections from the buttons go.

im not 100% you can use the non clicking features of the wheel though...like rotating to change volume,

but then again it is proprietary I believe and that you might still need to use the controller chip on the board to understand the info coming from the clickwheel...

sounds like a fun weekend project!
    (All done)
    iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

sounds like a project that i could never figure out. I know i could do the normal buttons, just not the click wheel. But that would be pretty cool.
      96' Mercedes Benz C36 -Matte Black-
      Status..::... {##------}25%~~ back to planning

Comment

A coworker of mine found just the clickwheel in a parkinglot and gave it to me. I havn't had any luck finding the pinout for either the connector or the Synaptics chip on it though (admittedly, I havn't looked all that hard, either.) If you happen to find either of thses, I'll take a stab at interfacing with it.

Just using a Quantum QWheel (http://www.qprox.com/products/qwheel_qt510.php) would probably be easier though.

edit: Oh hey, there's a QWheel thread just a couple posts down

Comment

Working...
        X