Radar Detector/Jammer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar Detector/Jammer

Anyone integrate the Radar detector (or maybe ever radar jammer/blinder) into carputer install?

------------------------------
    2004 Eclipse GTS v6
    Plantronic indash LCD
    Via Epia M2 1200 with WiFi and CF Microdrives
    OBD2
    Rino 120 GPS
    2004 Eclipse GTS v6 Turbo, NOS

Plantronic in-dash LCD
    OBD2
    Rino 120 GPS

Yes

Comment

I searched but didn't find anything. Right now I have an X band(2.4GHz) transmitter I can activate manually but would like to add more transmitters and activate appropriate ones automatically. Can you point me in the right direction?

Plantronic in-dash LCD
      OBD2
      Rino 120 GPS

Comment

Here you go. It only works with the Valentine though.

Comment

Thanks, that is close to what I want. I am using gundiodes a friendly lab in the physics department donated. I may end up having to homebrew allt he automation myself. For now I have an additional battery and a 1.5 farad capacitator wired inline and will probably be activating all the bands at once until I automate it. The transmitter is located in the trunk, and will get more to mount in the front under body or bumper. It is turned out with an arming style switch inside the cabin.

Plantronic in-dash LCD
          OBD2
          Rino 120 GPS

Comment

Originally posted by recompiler
            Anyone integrate the Radar detector (or maybe ever radar jammer/blinder) into carputer install?

------------------------------
            2004 Eclipse GTS v6
            Plantronic indash LCD
            OBD2
            Rino 120 GPS
            are you looking for a active radar jammer?
            My Yahoo Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/signalsweepers
            My Web Page http://www.geocities.com/maltshopmemories/
            My Webshots http://community.webshots.com/user/signalsweeper

Comment

Considering 'passive jammers' are snake oil that doesn't leave many other options. An no I am not looking for a jammer, looking for pics explnations of anyone that integrated theirs into a car computer or automated it.

Plantronic in-dash LCD
              OBD2
              Rino 120 GPS

Comment

Oooh just saw links in your sig and why you asked, I was getting ready to repel a rant about using jammers. Let me recover from my car purchase and I'll probably PM you once I do.

Plantronic in-dash LCD
                OBD2
                Rino 120 GPS

Comment

Aren't active jammers, like, illegal?

-arebelspy
                  See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
                  Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                  i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

If you get stoped by the right cop even your steering wheel is illegal. But yes.

Plantronic in-dash LCD
                    OBD2
                    Rino 120 GPS

Comment

Originally posted by arebelspy
                      Aren't active jammers, like, illegal?

-arebelspy
                      Who cares? So is speeding, using a 'tv' screen within driver's seat view, holding your cell phone while talking on it (some areas of the US), playing your music too loud, unauthorized lighting mods, etc...

If I could afford it, I'd outfit all cop cars with those GPS GPRS hidden transmitters and make a website that allows you to view where all cops are, for a fee. But with those all in one transmitters costing like $1500 each, it's not happening
                      www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Okay sure, all those things you mentioned are illegal.. But the fines for speeding (the most common thing you mentioned) usually are a few hundred at most and what, a misdemeanor? Other stuff you mentioned is only in certain areas. Active jammers are illegal everywhere in the U.S.

Not only that, but it's a felony that can land you in jail and thousands of dollars worth of fines.

But yeah, it's the same as speeding and having your music too loud.

-arebelspy
                        See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
                        Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                        i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

Not quite sure where you are going with this one? Are you just stating the obvious? In terms of felonies, what's the difference? So is burning music, movies, software, etc...

I'm willing to go out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure if Recompiler and Jammer are capable of building these units they probably are smart enough to know they're illegal.

carefull, maybe he's just a cop

Back to the topic, have you thought of alternatives to jammers? How about a license plate laser shield? Typically police aim for your license plate because its highly reflective and will bounce their laser back.

http://www.photobuster.com/laser-shield.htm

Another alternative would be the photo stopper. Not for laser, but works great for anyone trying to take a photo radar flash picture of your plates. I'm guessing you could figure out where this would come in handy.

http://www.photobuster.com/photo_stop.htm

Note: I'm unsure of the legality of using these devices and do not condone them. Only use in compliance with local motor vehicle codes in their area of vehicle use. Consult your mother and local authorities before using these. Products linked above were designed by a retired police officer and certified radar instructor.
                          www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Jammer is no cop. He has some cool toys traffic light changers and cell phone jammers etc.

I have never heard of someone getting caught with a active radar jammer. So I would say its ok to use one. People have laser jammers those are legal. But its still interfering with the officer getting your speed. But who cares there are worst things you can do.

Comment

The who issue with the radar jammer is that it is a FCC violation, ie. federal matter.

Laser jammers are legal because for now there is no organization issued to regulate laser use.
                              2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

Working...
                              X