Sirius Reciever to Line-in on PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sirius Reciever to Line-in on PC

I have did some board searching and have not came across my answer.

Can the Line-out of a Sirius reciever be directed to the Line in on my PC? Then all the audio tweaking can be done via the PC.

hrmmm I dunno I did a search for Sirius and this came up... Maybe it will help

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ghlight=sirius

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrush_TD
      I have did some board searching and have not came across my answer.

Can the Line-out of a Sirius reciever be directed to the Line in on my PC? Then all the audio tweaking can be done via the PC.
      Yes, it can be... how to get the signal to play is another story... the same goes for any device... if it uses the line-in jack, what is the simplest way to play the signal?

I've yet to find out, as nobody dare has mentioned any way other than "make a program that..." or "there might be a program that..."

It's quite frustrating
      1995 Ford Mustang Convertible
      DSATX | Shuttle XPC SN41G2Bv2 | 619GL-70NP | CF 1.6 (which is still unusable in the car!)

Comment

Originally posted by schpanky
        Yes, it can be... how to get the signal to play is another story... the same goes for any device... if it uses the line-in jack, what is the simplest way to play the signal?

I've yet to find out, as nobody dare has mentioned any way other than "make a program that..." or "there might be a program that..."

It's quite frustrating

Program that does what? I might be able to make a qucik program to do this. I just don't know what needs to be done, are we talking about simply modifying the windows mixer so that the line-in is muted/unmuted when desired? Or is it something more, like making a program that would interface with a Sirius unit?

Knight.
        This message transmitted with 100% recycled electrons.
        -=-=-=-=-=-
        Gravity doesn’t exist. The Earth sucks.
        -=-=-=-=-=-
        Make a man a fire, and he will be warm for the night.
        Light the man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I think the Mute/unmute in the mixer settings would be all you would need. I dont want the Sirius to interface with the PC besides the audio signal. The drivers for my sound card would sure be able to tune the sound better than the Bass and Trebel on my head unit.

Comment

It's quite frustrating
            Another story? Just unmute the line...

Comment

You should be able to. No problem

Comment

Originally posted by Knightofoldcode
                Program that does what? I might be able to make a qucik program to do this. I just don't know what needs to be done, are we talking about simply modifying the windows mixer so that the line-in is muted/unmuted when desired? Or is it something more, like making a program that would interface with a Sirius unit?

Knight.
                If simply unmuting line in is all that is required, then yes, it would be greatly appreciated to write some type of program that when open has something that says "AUX Input" in large letters with an easily-clickable button that allows you to close the program which would then mute the line-in feed again.

If this is done..

Originally posted by dmurray14
                Another story? Just unmute the line...
                oh, I'd love to do that... with my 7" touchscreen, all I would have to do is:

1.) minimize my front end

2.) double-click the 16x16 pixel target

3.) unmute the line..

4.) re-focus front-end
                and I would only have to do this every time I turn on my pc

See why it's a hassle?
                DSATX | Shuttle XPC SN41G2Bv2 | 619GL-70NP | CF 1.6 (which is still unusable in the car!)

Comment

If simply unmuting line in is all that is required, then yes, it would be greatly appreciated to write some type of program that when open has something that says "AUX Input" in large letters with an easily-clickable button that allows you to close the program which would then mute the line-in feed again.

If this is done..

oh, I'd love to do that... with my 7" touchscreen, all I would have to do is:

1.) minimize my front end

2.) double-click the 16x16 pixel target

3.) unmute the line..

4.) re-focus front-end
                  and I would only have to do this every time I turn on my pc

See why it's a hassle?
                  What frontend do you use? I think just about every one has the ability to unmute and mute lines built in...

Comment

Originally posted by dmurray14
                    What frontend do you use? I think just about every one has the ability to unmute and mute lines built in...
                    CF, and for whatever reason (I'm thinking it's the NF2 drivers) it does not automate the process

Comment

any progress thus far

Comment

any progress thus far

Sorry, didn't have a chance to get back to this message, out of town.

I'm not familiar with what you're asking. You want a program, when opened, to unmute the "line in"(or whatever you choose), then when the button is pressed it closes the program and mutes the line?

Knight.
                        -=-=-=-=-=-
                        -=-=-=-=-=-

Comment

Originally posted by Knightofoldcode
                          Sorry, didn't have a chance to get back to this message, out of town.

I'm not familiar with what you're asking. You want a program, when opened, to unmute the "line in"(or whatever you choose), then when the button is pressed it closes the program and mutes the line?

Knight.
                          correct

Comment

And what do you want the button to say, "Aux input"? And I assume you want this program to make sure it's always visible, or "Always on top", right?

I should have a quick prototype done within the day or so.

Knight.
                            -=-=-=-=-=-
                            -=-=-=-=-=-

Comment

Is there anyway to get visualizations via a Line-in signal?

Comment

Working...
                              X