Connecting a cd changer directly to PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting a cd changer directly to PC

I wish I could start this thread with some sort of cd changer to serial, or even better, cd changer to USB pinout. But I searched and I could not find anything about doing this. I just want to hook a cd changer (or DVD changer) in my trunk and run it directly to the PC as a "drive" Has anyone had any experience wiring a changer like that? Or is anyone aware of a product designed for PC's that is a changer?
    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Why would you want a CD changer when you have a hard drive capable of holding thousands of songs on it?
    7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
    ATVMS.com

Comment

Yes, they are available for computers. They are kind of rare and I am not sure if anyone is still making them. I know several companies were producing them years ago, namely NEC and TEAC. I haven't seen any over 12x, but you never know. There are two on ebay right now.
      Item#:
      5196633928 -NEC CDR-C251 4 disc 4x changer
      8781073862 -7 disc nakamichi changer + other stuff

have fun
      ** Denotes an "in car" post
      In-Car posts made from passenger seat - Be safe, Don't Post and Drive.

Comment

You can have a look here. Its a thread about linking a PC to a HU via the CD Changer connection. It should be possible to link the CD Changer to the PC with the available information in this thread.

Comment

Working...
        X