X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immobiliser

Hi,
    This is my first post on this forum.
    I have searched around the forums to see if anyone had done this.
    What I want to know is whether it is possible to use a device similar to a car immboiliser relay thing hooked up to a computer and have software on the computer that asks for a pin when the computer is turned on which then allows the car to be started. Kind of like the thing on transporter 2. I figure that it cant be too hard. All that would be needed would be the software and an easily controllable immobiliser. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Adam Ant

its been covered several times. Yes its possible, and would be pretty simple to implement. You could easily use a relay controller board to do this, and use a latching relay. Another alternative is, rather than disabling the ignition, some people would rather cut off the feul supply

Most people would not do this though, because you would have to have a lot of faith that your computer is going to start.
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

Comment

Are there any specific threads/links/software pertaining to this as I am unable to find any.
      Would it be possible to use some sort of switch as a failsafe and hide the switch somehow.
      Thanks
      Adam Ant

Comment

Would it be possible to use some sort of relay (normally closed i think it is called) that allows the car to start normally but once the computer has started if a code is not entered within 30 seconds the relay recieves a signal and the fuel supply is cut thereby immobilising the car.

Comment

Working...
        X