Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB Controlled radio - Available 27 Oct.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Controlled radio - Available 27 Oct.

Hi All,

For a good period of time, the HQCT-Modules were only available in europe to people who pre-ordered beforehand.

Due to the success of the module, we've had to close the pre-ordering so we wouldn't get too far behind.

BUT

From the 27th of october on, the HQCT-i module will be available to everyone.

For the moment, we have only the HQCT-i (the smallest version, designed to be built into the CarPC case or your own housing) available.

Within the next weeks/months 2 other models will become available:

- The HQCT-e, with the same funtionality as the HQCT-i, but in a nice metal housing, using external connectors for USB, audio, power and antenna. Ideal for less technical people, everyone that uses a laptop or people who want to use an external model for any other reason. Pricing will be around 125 euro.

- The HQCT-eA, also an external model, with built-in 4x50W amplifier which eliminates the need for amplifiers if you want to completely replace your Car Radio / Headunit.

All models have AM/FM with RDS.
    Basic functionality is supported by RoadRunner and CentraFuse.
    Soon there will be a touchscreen-friendly version of a stand-alone application that can be integrated/embedded into all other front-ends.

So, from 10/27 on, be sure to order your HQCT on http://direct.xtronic.be

Regards,
    Joachim
    http://www.xtronic.be
    List of front-ends/usefull apps
    XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Oakey22 View Post
      looks good
      Sounds even better
      XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Any chance of a version with digital output? or audio over USB?

Looks good tho. if it was available in the models above I'd have ordered mine ages ago

Comment

Awesome.
          FM and AM will be nice.
          SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
          GPSing - Digital Speedo
          Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
          Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman_jkh View Post
            Any chance of a version with digital output? or audio over USB?

Looks good tho. if it was available in the models above I'd have ordered mine ages ago
            Although in the very early stages of development, something might come up in a few months...
            XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

You selling Blinds NOW :-)
              P4 Celeron 2.2 - 512MB - OPUS 250 - Audigy SE - BU353 - HQCT - No Speakers though :-(

Comment

whats happened to the web site?

Comment

-e...YES PLEASE!!

good thing I didn't order -i yet...now I want -e! I know it's cheep to be that non-technical...but it'll be easier to replace my current external radio that way . I finally found out that mp3Car's store had the -i...does anyone know if they will be getting the -e?

Comment

Oops, website had a glitch

Solved!
                    XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

New software version available on our website, compatible with RoadRunner (should have better reception and sound quality)...

Joachim
                      XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Hey, is the release still on for tomorrow, got my credit card ready
                        P4 Celeron 2.2 - 512MB - OPUS 250 - Audigy SE - BU353 - HQCT - No Speakers though :-(

Comment

going to announce the price, or do we have to wait until tomorrow?

Comment

Webshop opened up for everyone, not only pre-orderers!

http://direct.xtronic.be

Go ahead and order away

The price is still the same for the internal unit, we got quotes today on the housing for the external one, so pricing on that will be available later today!

Joachim
                            XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

If only it wasnt so expensive

$165 AUD....I could buy 2 car radios for that price.

Any ideas when prices will be coming down, if at all?
                              I know you have to recoup a lot of engineering and setup costs, etc, but surely a lower price point would sell a lot more units to quickly cover that?

Sorry for being so cheap, I guess I'll just have to wait.
                              Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Working...
                              X