Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB TPMS Pictures of Working Setups

Hello Everyone,

I have created this thread so that people who already have a working USB TPMS system can post pictures of their installation/setup. I would kindly ask that you post 3 pictures:

1)Close-up of an installed valve stem
    2)A picture of the receiver in its mounted location
    3)A picture of Car PC (LCD) with TPMS plug-in in action

These three picture will greatly assist users in choosing the best installation location of their receiver and also show what types of tires the sensors will install onto with no issues.

Pictures of Portal Media's USB TPMS installed onto its Civic 03 4dr EX test vehicle.
    Attached Files

Comment

Does the pressure sensor replace the valve stem or does it require a new hole to be drilled and tapped into the wheel for mounting the sensor?

Comment

It replaces the valve stem.

Comment

But require reballencing of the wheels?

All aftermarked TPMS is battery powered right?

Comment

Originally posted by Crinos View Post
            But require reballencing of the wheels?

All aftermarked TPMS is battery powered right?
            Both are correct.
            The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

Sorry it took me so long to post but I was waiting for my new summer wheels that never came. The following pics are of my installs of your TMS on two of my vehicles. The Mustang has the V2 sensors and receiver. The receiver is much better than the prototype one on my Caddy, but the valve cores all leak. As long as I keep the valve caps on snug the tire pressures are maintained.

The TMS on the Mustang works outstanding with my Tablet. The data doesn't overtask my puny 933Mhz processor and the alerts are timely and intuitive since only the wheel that tripped the alert blinks. The recievers for both cars are located under the armrests between the front seats where reception is good from all four sensors.

On the Caddy, I need to monitor air pressure carefully because I have 150 spoke wire wheels that are extremely prone to leaking through the spokes.

The old spokes I had lost 10lbs out per day, so I installed the sensors even on the ones that had been poorly patched. The sensors required some of the silicone sealant be carefully removed around the valve stem in order for everything to fit. But the wheels never leaked near the valve stem/sensor. And the sensors I got directly from Third Eye two years ago have never leaked at the cores.

The Caddy also has a Fusion Brain so I developed an I/O skin for that car that combines everything on one screen. The red ovals are buttons while the yellow ovals are sensors, therefore it was a natural extension to use yellow boxes for the TMS sensors and the whole box blinks red when a threshold is exceeded.

Same tablet works in both cars (Actually all three of my cars), but screens and addons differ from one vehicle to the next. That's why the FB temps/volts/current sensors on this screen are so low. And I just realized the batter indicators aren't on - oh well, something else to add to my to-do list.
              HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	TPMS_Small0001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	381.1 KB
ID:	2276040
                In the wheel

Name:	TPMS_Small0002.jpg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	2276041
                It is hard to tell but this is mounted under the back seat next to my XM radio and HD radio receivers.

Name:	TPMS_Small0003.jpg
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	2276042
                Centrafuse

Name:	TPMS_Small0004.jpg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	2276043
                RideRunner
                The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

Thank You Gizmo and fixerofallthing I really appreciate you posting your install info, I am sure it will help others.

Comment

I'd be concerned with battery life/type and having to change the sucker. Anybody got any first hand info for that one?

Comment

Are valves bluetooth? Just trying to understand how the sensor works.
                      "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
                      Recent Proj
                      Old Proj II
                      Old Proj I
                      YouTube:Project Videos
                      Homepage: HexxWorld.net
                      Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

Comment

Originally posted by hexxamillion View Post
                        Are valves bluetooth? Just trying to understand how the sensor works.
                        They are wireless, but not bluetooth, they are in the 2.4Ghz range, similar to WiFi, as the range seems to reduce when I tried them on my laptop which was connected to my home network.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                          They are wireless, but not bluetooth, they are in the 2.4Ghz range, similar to WiFi, as the range seems to reduce when I tried them on my laptop which was connected to my home network.
                          I see.
                          "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
                          Recent Proj
                          Old Proj II
                          Old Proj I
                          YouTube:Project Videos
                          Homepage: HexxWorld.net
                          Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                            C'mon E, get it together. You seem to be slipping a little lately.

Yes, the sensors are wireless, but they are RF wireless. And my Third Eye box says the frequency is 433.92MHz. What you experienced with the laptop is a condition known as RF saturation due to the poor bandpass filters on wifi receivers.
                            HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Working...
                            X