Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Cool LCD switches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Super Cool LCD switches

    Just come across this site at work...

    http://www.rjselectronics.com/?gclid...FSYSQgodixBXgw


    They have some uber cool switches and LCD displays, some switches have an LCD screen built into the button

    They also do rotary joystick things like an I-drive controller.


    Just thought it might be of interest to someone
    My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
    NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

    My Car's spec list + pics

    Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

  • #2
    That's pretty damn cool.
    I wonder if you could use the switch itself as an LCD display that could show different information on the fly....

    Maybe PC temps or fan speeds or voltages or soemthing...
    They're a little small to display mp3 track info....
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

    Comment


    • #3
      My thoughts were a power/reset switch, that displayed case temps

      Or you could have a button with conditional functions, which changed its label automatically, not sure what for ATM, but its cool non the less
      My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
      NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

      My Car's spec list + pics

      Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

      Comment


      • #4
        I like!

        Probably what is used in that keyboard that hasn't come out. It has been "coming soon" for about 2 years now! Each key has one of the lcd buttons that can be programmed on the fly so you can switch up your keyboard really easy!

        I always wanted one of those, now maybe I can build one...

        __________________
        Got my CarPC in at: 3pm MST Monday, May 29th, 2006

        M10k; 1Gb RAM; 250Gb 3.5" HD; 7" Ex-Audio TS; M2-ATX; GPS bundled w/ S&T'06; RF Mini Keyboard

        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
          Probably what is used in that keyboard that hasn't come out. It has been "coming soon" for about 2 years now! Each key has one of the lcd buttons that can be programmed on the fly so you can switch up your keyboard really easy![/center]
          Actually, the keyboard you're thinking of, the Optimus, uses OLED technology for its keys instead of LCDs. The OLEDs can display a lot more detail than the LCDs, plus they can do it in full color. I've got one of the smaller Optimus Minis floating around my office somewhere. It's neat technology, but the practicality of it leaves something to be desired. The big problem with the OLEDs is that they have a fairly short lifespan (~ 5000 hours IIRC).

          I also seem to recall that someone else on the forum has brought up the RJS LCD switches before, but I'm too lazy to go track down the thread.
          "It's a blessing . . . and a curse."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Siezmik View Post
            Actually, the keyboard you're thinking of, the Optimus, uses OLED technology for its keys instead of LCDs. The OLEDs can display a lot more detail than the LCDs, plus they can do it in full color. I've got one of the smaller Optimus Minis floating around my office somewhere. It's neat technology, but the practicality of it leaves something to be desired. The big problem with the OLEDs is that they have a fairly short lifespan (~ 5000 hours IIRC).

            I also seem to recall that someone else on the forum has brought up the RJS LCD switches before, but I'm too lazy to go track down the thread.
            Yeah it uses OLED's, that's right. I would still buy it if it was under $150.

            __________________
            Got my CarPC in at: 3pm MST Monday, May 29th, 2006

            M10k; 1Gb RAM; 250Gb 3.5" HD; 7" Ex-Audio TS; M2-ATX; GPS bundled w/ S&T'06; RF Mini Keyboard

            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

            Comment


            • #7
              I like the illuminated anti vandal switch for my pc power. Thanks for the info.

              EDIT: This US company sells the switch itself and pre-wired. Expensive though!
              Alex
              Progress: 91% (Cosmetics) @ Stand Still...
              -------------------------------------------
              CarPC specs are BACK!! Edit yours today...

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah it uses OLED's, that's right. I would still buy it if it was under $150.
                http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=20748
                Tennessee Vols Fan

                Comment


                • #9
                  I know this is a really old thread but i keep seeing traffic come to my website for it, I would like to state that we now sell these switches in packs of two for anyone that is interested, wherever you reside in the world.

                  These are available at http://www.rjsdirect.com/

                  Also a note to any moderators if you come across this post, please can you change the url in the OP's post to http://www.rjselectronics.com/?LCD_Switches:Q5&mp3car for easier tracking. Currently its an ugly ?gclid url atm

                  Kind Regards

                  Flukey

                  Originally posted by ShawJohn View Post
                  Just come across this site at work...

                  http://www.rjselectronics.com/?LCD_Switches:Q5&mp3car


                  They have some uber cool switches and LCD displays, some switches have an LCD screen built into the button

                  They also do rotary joystick things like an I-drive controller.


                  Just thought it might be of interest to someone

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X