Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB game controller or PS/2 game controller?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB game controller or PS/2 game controller?

Has anyone used game controllers to interface their stock radio or have used them period? I am trying to decide which one to use. Here is what I am talking about:

USB 32 key Version

PS/2 32 key version

Here's the deal: I have wired to my dash mounted switches and I want to interface with the switches. I have tested the switches and noticed the following:

One side is connected to ground
    The other side of the switch sits at ~2V and is grounded when the switch is
    pressed.

What I need to do is connect the 2V side of the switch to either of these controllers. I am concerned though about voltages. Is there a voltage present on the inputs to the controller. I don't want any voltage to feed INTO the stock radio and risk killing the radio controls. Any recommendations on which one of these to use?

I want to use this with Roadrunner and just simulate key presses and I know that part can be done no problem with their software.
    System always under construction

Ok after talking with a Great tech support guy at groovygamegear, I found out that the inputs are held high ~5V by a pull up resistor which is kind of what I was thinking. So to continue my thoughts, here is a crude diagram of what I think I should do. Be aware I am purely guessing on how the stock controls work. Thoughts?
    Attached Files
    System always under construction

Comment

This has nothing to do with the voltage part of yor question, however, as far as software, I think the Joypad 3.0 program by CDR actually supports this exact board and allows you to send commands directly to RR without going through a keytable ini. It only shows 10 buttons and a directional pad on the normal download but I believe someone asked him and he made a version based on this 32 button board.

Comment

Working...
      X