Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transplanting Lilli transreflective to Xenarc Board

Possible?

I have a tr which i upgraded from a xenarc.
    There are some things that I HATE about it, like the screen going blue after bios logo... no auto reverse

Is it possible to use the TR screen and put it on a xenarc 700tsv?

I would also like to know the same thing, that blue screen is very annoying

Comment

bump

Comment

I'm gonna try asking armen of digitalww.com

Comment

Originally posted by swordfishunter View Post
          Possible?

I have a tr which i upgraded from a xenarc.
          There are some things that I HATE about it, like the screen going blue after bios logo... no auto reverse

Is it possible to use the TR screen and put it on a xenarc 700tsv?
          I put a Lilliput transflective into a Xenarc TSV. The only thing I transplanted was the LCD and TS overlay. The TS controller, LCD controller/button panel etc. all work with the new Lilliput LCD just as they did with the TSV's.

I also bought an extra Xenarc housing and put the old Xenarc LCD/TS overlay with the Lilliput internals into the new housing for a rear seat monitor. I hacked the housing a bit to leave the Lilliput IR sensor viewable through a hole in the front of the Xenarc. That screen obviously has no funtional buttons but everything you can do with the buttons you can also do with the Lilliput remote. The Xenarc LCD would not physically fit in the Lilliput case or I would have gone that route.

This isn't something for the faint of heart or light of wallet though. You hold your $600+ warranty in hand once you break the Lilliput case seal - but it can be done. I had to fab some clips for the LCD and lengthen the LCD power cable etc. but it wasn't that difficult.

*Note*: This was an older TSV (~ 2 years old) not one of the newer ones but it will probably still work. Both companies source the panels and overlays from multiple vendors.

Comment

sorry to bring up an old thread but i am trying to transplant my transflective lcd and touch screen into an old xenarc (~ 3 yrs old). When i hooked up the ribbon cable i got a weird grey/white spotted cloud looking image. my xenarc controller board has the old flat connector on it. is my controller board too old to work with the transflective lilliput screen i just got?
            my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
            wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
            company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

nevermind. i got it working. i had to transplant the small lcd controller from the xenarc lcd to get it to work.
              my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
              wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
              company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

I wonder is the screen brighter...the trans lili doesnt seem that bright during the day...wish it was..

Comment

Working...
                X