Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure if this soundcard is right for me...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this soundcard is right for me...

I have a 5 channel AMP, and I decided to screw the HU. So, Will the Sound Blaster Live CT4830 card work for my 4 speakers and 1 SUB? I only see 2 'out' on this card, but im not sure if im just looking at the card wrong. I know I could use a Y splitter and then an RCA splitter, from 1 outlet on the card, but I was wondering if I would be able to use this card as 5.1. Whereas Front has its own input connection and rear has its own and Sub has its own...Has anyone used this card?
    ~Fin~
    My First Install. Be gentle with my 03 Vibe GT

Pick up a creative card on the KX drivers compatibility list and you'll be able to set exactly what you want going to each of the outputs. Even the original Sound Blaster Live will give you 5.1 I believe, and can be had cheap on eBay.
    98' Honda CR-V
    http://www.superbluecrv.com

*OBDMPG, the RR OBD Plugin*

Comment

Alright, my card is on This page, so how would i hardwire this into my car? put front on channel 1 and rear on channel 1 and sub on channel 2? Im EXTREAMLY new to this, and I also have the FAQ but Im not sure which one my card falls under...So, once I get the drivers, how do I hook all this up? I have some Y splitters.
      ~Fin~
      My First Install. Be gentle with my 03 Vibe GT

Comment

I would Put Front through a splitter in the front output (green), back on back output(Black), and the sub on the center/sub output (Orange) . . . also if you have the chanceI would pick up an XiFi XtremeMusic as they can be modded with a better DAC to provide a MUCH higher performance and it will sound much better.

>> My local Office Depots have them on clearance for 40 or 50 because they wee discontinued. . .

>> Im hesitant about linking to the how-to on the Xi-Fi mod as it will link to my other forum which may be against the TOS here. . . PM me and Ill get it for you.

Comment

Working...
        X