Harmony 1000 Advanced universal remote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmony 1000 Advanced universal remote

What does everyone think about dash mounting this piece?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/re...s/373&cl=us,en

---------------------------------------
    2004 350Z Install - Click here to see my install
    Software: Windows XP MCE / Roadrunner / iGuidance 3.0
    Hardware: Asus A7N8X Deluxe / Athlon XP Barton (Underclocked) / 512MB RAM / WD 320GB / Lilliput 629

It's a pretty cool remote but you'd have to remove the IR sender and place it in front of your IR receiver. I'm not sure how comfortable you would be taking apart that VERY expensive remote.
    02' JETTA 1.8T | WORKLOG ALBUM

Comment

Yeah, $500 is a lot to gamble with. I don't know how much useful functionality you're gonna get out of it either. Might be cool if you had a bunch of components to turn off/on and switch, but there isn't much of that in a carputer. I guess you could use it for custom buttons and stuff with some programming, but still quite an expensive toy to use it for that. Great remotes for a home theater though.

Russ

Originally posted by Lazyflip View Post
      It's a pretty cool remote but you'd have to remove the IR sender and place it in front of your IR receiver. I'm not sure how comfortable you would be taking apart that VERY expensive remote.

Comment

Actually, the customization abilities of the Harmony 1000 are severely lacking at this point in time.
        "It's a blessing . . . and a curse."

Comment

Working...
        X