No announcement yet.

Anyone use the wireless Apple keyboard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use the wireless Apple keyboard?

A couple nights ago I was hanging out at Best Buy dreaming about spending tons of cash, when I came across the Apple wireless Bluetooth keyboard. It looks nice and small, and didn't have a bad feel to it at all. I know this keyboard may not be appropriate for a lot of vehicles due to space, but this keyboard is actually quite small and thin. It doesn't have a 10-key keypad on it, which saves space. I'm thinking about snagging one for the truck. The only thing I didn't care for with it was the price, about $100US. Anyone else use this? I'm not planning on molding it into the dash or anything, just pulling it form under the seat or something. Ideas?
    Crawdaddy
    1991 Chevy Suburban 1500 w/SBC 350
    2005 Saturn ION 2 sedan

Suburban Worklog

"A local New Orleans man says his socks are finally dry..." -Tom Tucker, Family Guy

If you are talking about the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard MB167LL/A it works fine with XP and I picked mine up on ebay for under 50 bucks. Gyration also makes a nice small wireless keyboard.
    2004 Sport Trac PC Project.

Comment

I'm using the Apple Bluetooth keyboard (w/mac mini, running XP). Works great, really nice design. Once in a while it doesn't connect, but that's been pretty rare. Also have the bluetooth mouse. There's an arm rest on my center console that makes a perfect mouse pad. You should be able to get a better price than $100. Apple sells them for $79
      http://www.apple.com/keyboard

Comment

Can you get into BIOS with it?

Comment

I'm going to guess no considering that it's bluetooth, and it can't pair while not in windows. All I want it for is to surf the web while sitting for long periods.
          Crawdaddy
          2005 Saturn ION 2 sedan

Suburban Worklog

"A local New Orleans man says his socks are finally dry..." -Tom Tucker, Family Guy

Comment

Originally posted by dyne View Post
            Can you get into BIOS with it?
            I've never seen any bluetooth keyboard you can get into bios with.
            Failure is not an option....

It's installed by default on every version of Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryWoods View Post
              I've never seen any bluetooth keyboard you can get into bios with.
              Logitech Dinovo mini pairs with it's own dongle, making it a virtual cabled keyboard. Gets you into the bios with no problems as long as your USB is turned on. However, it will not work with a PS2-USB adapter so you can keep legacy USB turned off.

Edit: And it works on Apple. Dell just ran out of them today, and they raised their price on the next shipment, but they are still one of the cheapest suppliers out there....

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A1473124
              My opinion is my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Crawdaddy View Post
                I'm going to guess no considering that it's bluetooth, and it can't pair while not in windows. All I want it for is to surf the web while sitting for long periods.
                I was hoping it worked similarly to the dinovo keyboard as danielkh said. I don't see any mention of a dongle being included with the apple, though

Comment

Originally posted by dyne View Post
                  I was hoping it worked similarly to the dinovo keyboard as danielkh said. I don't see any mention of a dongle being included with the apple, though
                  Pro's for Dinovo:

1. Bluetooth dongle that allows access to BIOS
                  2. Two separate switchable keyboard layouts. One for surfing, one for media center remote emulation.
                  3. Cover to protect keys from the terrors of the car (fast food, drinks, kids, etc.)
                  4. Palm sized for easy storage, but quite easy to work with.

Pro's for Apple wireless keyboard:

1. It matches your (probably hidden) computer.

Go with the dinovo.....you won't regret it. I just bought my second one to run the home media center PC. That's how I knew Dell ran out today.
                  My opinion is my own.

Comment

ive got the apple one working on my car pc, running XP, works great.

ONLY issue i really have is there is no DEL key there is backspace, but no DEL.

try doing a ctrl-alt-del to kill a task on that...

Comment

Originally posted by Woofnstuff View Post
                      ive got the apple one working on my car pc, running XP, works great.

ONLY issue i really have is there is no DEL key there is backspace, but no DEL.

try doing a ctrl-alt-del to kill a task on that...
                      handy info! I never would have caught that until after I bought it. On a side note....you can do ctrl-shift-esc to go straight to the task manager, so no need for ctrl-alt-del.
                      Crawdaddy
                      2005 Saturn ION 2 sedan

Suburban Worklog

Comment

Mine has a delete key......

Running XP on Mac mini....

Comment

+1 for the DiNovo!

Works great! I've had mine in my car or close to 2 months and haven't had to recharge yet!
                          Jan Bennett
                          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Crawdaddy View Post
                            handy info! I never would have caught that until after I bought it. On a side note....you can do ctrl-shift-esc to go straight to the task manager, so no need for ctrl-alt-del.
                            yeah that might work i guess

and to Dave323Ci.. a delete key really? mine only has backspace

Comment

Originally posted by Woofnstuff View Post
                              yeah that might work i guess

and to Dave323Ci.. a delete key really? mine only has backspace
                              Yep it really says "delete". It works like a backspace when you type, but the alt-ctrl-del works with it. I don't know how to upload pictures... but take a look at this:
                              http://www.apple.com/keyboard/

and look at the pic of the bluetooth keyboard on the right side.

Comment

Working...
                              X