Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axxess Car Adapter Hack for Carputer - Help required

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to hack my new axxess iPod adapter for carputer use, like tejesh83 did in that post http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/inpu...puter-use.html

I'm using the USB TTL232-3.3V cable you can see in the link below, and I made voltage divider for the 3.3V pinout of the adapter.

The problem is that I dont see anything in the PC, but adapter seems recognize that one iPod is plugged in.
    Axxess adaptar works in AiR mode with iPod, It means it's capable off show track info in car HU text display, and when I plug USB cable into PC, text display show "iPod IN", but I dont see nothing in serial port, and I press buttons and nothing shows in serial port
    If anybody can help me I'll be gracefull.

I attach a couple of pics, dissection of pinout of axxess with pin number of iPod and functionality as we can seen in that link, and connections I made without success.

I think pin number 11, and 1, are used for recharge ipod battery and can be ignored, anyway i used a 500kOhm resitor for trigger that pin.

Audio works great, and like I said, when I plug USB into PC, i can read in HU text display "iPod IN", but I dont see anything in serial port.
    I think axxes adapater must send string of data to set "iPod" y AiR mode like you can see in this link

I dont know if my PC have to send something to Axxes like "Hello, I'm in AiR Mode", I didnt try this yet, but I will.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

My Axxess adapter has a 3.5mm line in as well as the 9pin Mini-Din cable for the iPod connector. I use the 3.5mm and tie it into the PC's line out.
    03 Accord Sedan CarPC

Comment

Yes, my axxes has another line it, but I my idea it's use wheel controls for carputer use, like move to next song in centrafuse or roadrunner. That's why I need to connect my axxess with my carputer trought iPod interface.

Comment

Oh, gotcha. Have you looked into a Car2PC adapter, or are you trying to save some cash doing it this way?
        03 Accord Sedan CarPC

Comment

Originally posted by blackcobra487 View Post
          Oh, gotcha. Have you looked into a Car2PC adapter, or are you trying to save some cash doing it this way?
          Yes, I looked, but Car2PC adapter its directly connected through external CD Changer of HU, and my HU firmware dosen't support, meanwhile axxess adapter its connected throuch Mini-Disc bay.

Thats is what I'm trying to do all that.

Comment

Did you ever get this working? I have the same axxess adaptor and would love to use it with the car PC i'm curently building.

Comment

Working...
            X