No announcement yet.

Lilliput 629 (transflective) touchscreen problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput 629 (transflective) touchscreen problem

I've had this since March, this is the 2008 model. It worked great for about the first 2 weeks, then I noticed I've had to calibrate it about once a week.. then it later it came down to once every 3 days.

Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago. I can no longer calibrate it to where it works. I try the 4 point calibration, clear and calibrate, 9 point, 25 point. Any of them, after i finish, the mouse just jumps to a corner and sits there no matter where I touch it.

Now as of a few days ago, the touchscreen no longer recognizes any touches. If you try the 4 point calibration, it doesn't even detect being touched anymore.

I'm pretty sure the driver is good as it worked great initially - I'm using the egalax one and I've updated that as well to see if that would fix it. To see if it was maybe my system I pulled the screen out of my car and tried it with another computer and it detects the touchscreen when I plug it in the USB and I give it the driver I've used in the car, but again when you try calibrating, no detection of touch.

Any ideas?

If the pointer is going to one corner, that usually means that there is something stuck between the bezel and the TS overlay. It also sounds like it could be a controller problem. I'd try to take it out of the case and then calibrate it. If that doesn't work, a new controller costs $40 or so.

If you want, you could try to contact the MP3car store and see if they'll do warranty service on it, it's only 3 months old.
    03 Accord Sedan CarPC

I think these screens only have a 60-day warranty. If it's a controller problem, where can I purchase one from?

I know people use eBay quite often. I wouldn't know otherwise. I'm sure there are other places, just ask around.
        03 Accord Sedan CarPC

i had this problem too.
          it is not the touch screen, it is your DSATX power supply RS232 Brainstem diagnostics acting as a mouse.
          try unplugging the diagnositic brainstem from your comm port and see if it makes a difference

I had a problem like that when I modded it into my dash..but the problem was that the screws were too tight. on the corner the mouse kept going I loosened it till it was fine on that corner it kept going to...just a thought.

I'm actually having a similar problem with my 629. I updated the drivers but that didn't seem to help. It will work correctly for a couple days then the mouse pointer will always goto the bottom left corner. I'd be interested in any solution you came up with.

if you need only the controllerm, i have replace it on my lilliput and works well.

I ended up RMAing and sending it back. It was discovered some solder work was needed to fix it. After a few weeks I got it back and it works perfect now.

Thanks Goce!