No announcement yet.

DVB works when car is parked, driving doesn't

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVB works when car is parked, driving doesn't

I finished my carpc in record time (2 weeks after first idea). Works perfect!
    But I bought a DVB-TV device:

Works sweet at zero mph. When I start driving, the tv has bad reception. As if the signals arent made for moving antennas. The antenna is on the roof top.

Anyone knows a solution for this? Do better DVB-TV devices work when driving?

You said it yourself I think... DVB signal really isn't made for moving antennas!

TV doesnt work when driving period. Only expensive ones somewhat work and it all depends on your geographic location too.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the Store

Hmm, bummer.
        It works flawless in parked position and on my laptop at home. For 40euro's it is a cheap device.

But I will keep it, for during traffic jams.

A few days ago I had to pick someone up from the city and Holland was playing in the European Championship. During the wait I didn't had to miss a single second from the nice match against Italy (a 3-0 win )

Have you tried adding a signal booster? What about the antenna itself? Is it suitable for DVB-T?

The only devices I know to work while driving are the double antenna ones (switches constantly to the strongest signal)... They're stand-alone though

You could connect them to a capture device and control them over IR, but that would become quite a project wouldn't it?

List of front-ends/usefull apps
            XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

You need a diversity type receiver.