Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griffin PowerMate Problem - please HELP! (it acts like a mouse)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Griffin PowerMate Problem - please HELP! (it acts like a mouse)

    I successfully installed the latest drivers from the Griffin website (after about 25 tries - I kept getting an error message) but when I plug in the PowerMate it is not recognized by my computer. When I scroll the wheel left and right it moves the mouse arrow (very slowly) along the x-axis and when I click the wheel in it acts like a mouse click. The LED is lit. Any advice? I'd really like to get this thing working.

    Thanks!

  • #2
    I have the same problem.

    I bought an used powermate from ebay.
    It acts just like you said: like a mouse.
    What a coincidence!
    Did you fix the problem?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by axon View Post
      I bought an used powermate from ebay.
      It acts just like you said: like a mouse.
      What a coincidence!
      Did you fix the problem?
      I did get it working (sort of - the "mute" doesn't work but I think it might be due to a hardware issue). I emailed customer support and they knew the problem right away and emailed me an updated driver. I installed it and it started working.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by javeryh View Post
        I did get it working (sort of - the "mute" doesn't work but I think it might be due to a hardware issue). I emailed customer support and they knew the problem right away and emailed me an updated driver. I installed it and it started working.
        Could you post that driver here or upload it somewhere. I would like to use mine.
        The Car 2005 Scion xB

        The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by javeryh View Post
          I did get it working (sort of - the "mute" doesn't work but I think it might be due to a hardware issue). I emailed customer support and they knew the problem right away and emailed me an updated driver. I installed it and it started working.
          Thanks for your reply.
          I wonder why the company doesn't upload the driver on its web site.

          Comment


          • #6
            I found the 1.5.3 driver file. After you install it you can use the updater on the griffin site to get your powermate working. I have found the mute function does not work and I know it is not a hardware issue but if you want to use it to control volume here is the file.
            Attached Files
            The Car 2005 Scion xB

            The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fixerofallthing View Post
              I found the 1.5.3 driver file. After you install it you can use the updater on the griffin site to get your powermate working. I have found the mute function does not work and I know it is not a hardware issue but if you want to use it to control volume here is the file.
              Thanks for the upload. The file is on my home computer. So the mute button not working isn't a hardware issue? Hmmm... that is very disappointing. I'm actually disappointed by this product but I don't know of any alternatives. Maybe I should just buy a new one from the manufacturer.

              Comment


              • #8
                It works!

                Originally posted by fixerofallthing View Post
                I found the 1.5.3 driver file. After you install it you can use the updater on the griffin site to get your powermate working. I have found the mute function does not work and I know it is not a hardware issue but if you want to use it to control volume here is the file.
                Software version 2.0.1 couldn't recognize my Powermate,
                but your 1.5.3 recognize it.
                I guess I have an old model.
                For another Powermate of mine work well with software version 2.0.1.

                Comment

                Working...
                X