Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in dash touchscreen - the mouse is not working.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in dash touchscreen - the mouse is not working.

hi!
    i have a carpc in progress,
    7' lilliput in dash touchscreen that worked great for 2 months
    one day the usb "mouse" of the touchscreen stop working
    it looks like windows cant even detect it
    i dont know what seems to be the problem
    any ideas what to check?

thanks, nir

i have the same problem with with mine as the touch part of it wont work or even recognize in windows....i have checked all cables on the monitor and all ribbon cables inside it

Comment

and you didnt find any solution?

my problem started after i accidentally switched the + - connections in my carpc power supplier,
      the 25amp fuse built inside the supllier melt so i fixed the connections and replaced the fuse, the computer started normaly, the screen looks good, normal mouse is working, keyboard is working,GPS is working,
      but like in your case when i connect the screen usb cable into the computer i dont see any msg\warning or any sign, and its not working.

still looking for an answer

Comment

Originally posted by poz View Post
        and you didnt find any solution?

my problem started after i accidentally switched the + - connections in my carpc power supplier,
        the 25amp fuse built inside the supllier melt so i fixed the connections and replaced the fuse, the computer started normaly, the screen looks good, normal mouse is working, keyboard is working,GPS is working,
        but like in your case when i connect the screen usb cable into the computer i dont see any msg\warning or any sign, and its not working.

still looking for an answer

You probably fried the USB Controller. You can get new controllers only for about $50.

Just need to be more careful with your connections...
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

how can i check its really the reason?
          where can i order a new controller for this screen?
          and its something i can do myself?

thanks

Comment

i opened the case and i think the controller is part of the board, so how i can replace it? :O
            the model is 701 in dash

Comment

Working...
            X