Anyone using a Wiimote?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using a Wiimote?

Anyone using a Wiimote to control their front end? I think it'd be convenient to hold the trigger and flick your wrist to go to next song or even use it as an infrared mouse.
    Ampie Case
    2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
    256 MB DDR2 PC5400
    Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
    Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
    M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

I wouldn't think so.
    In my mind, waving the Wiimote around wouldn't be the safest of actions, particularly while driving.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
      If you wave your wii remote around while driving in this country you're likely to get arrested.
      Agreed.... you should only wave your wii remote in the privacy of your own home!!
      My Install

Comment

I saw a gps laptimer that uses the wii remote as an input, so it isn't such a weird question
        Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Originally posted by meddler View Post
          I saw a gps laptimer that uses the wii remote as an input, so it isn't such a weird question
          But did it use a WiiMote as an input by waving & flicking it around or was it triggered some other way?

My issue would be with using one hand to wave this plastic stick around while you're driving.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
            My issue would be with using one hand to wave this plastic stick around while you're driving.

So how's it going with the artificial, ahem * cough extra limb DP?

Comment

I do agree that waving your arm around while driving is dangerous, but I think that can be changed. I believe you can change the sensitivity so instead of waving the WiiMote like a tennis racket, you could move it just an inch and X would happen (ie, skip to the next track, fast forward 10 sec of video, etc).

I think the WiiMote in a car is a great idea as long as the physical movements are minimal (as I described above). If that can be achieved than we could keep our eyes on the road at all times and use the WiiMote to control the carPC.

The only problem I would have is if the WiiMote was used to move the on-screen mouse. I think that's too distracting (at least for me).

Comment

also something bear in mind, is if its just a small movement (increased sensitivity) unless u work out a good mount everytime u change lanes, turn a corner, even move slightly you will be skipping tracks, here there and everywhere

Comment

check this out

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/projects/wii/
                  Hardware: Silabs FM, HVR-950 ATSC TV tuner, indash 17" LCD, MS GPS,

Software: XP SP3, RR, DFX

Comment

Re:Anyone using a Wiimote?

hi,

Now i am not using wiimote, but i think to buy it. Can you which is the best wiimote for Accord?

Comment

@WraithJ
                      Ahhh very good point. I would think this problem could be dealt with.

@newmannator
                      You read my mind. Johnny Lee has done some awesome things with the Wii. I think the 2D finger tracking has great potential for carPC use because we would only need our hand and nothing else (no WiiMote).

Comment

Wii Remote Input Device

Bringing this post back from the grave to see if there any new ideas out there.

The Wii Remote can be used as a 3D input device if mounted in a car. It can detect and track 4 simultaneous points using reflective tape or an input device using an IR LED.

http://www.wiimoteproject.com/

Thinking of how this could be turned into a way to control your car PC ICE via motion detection using the WiiRemote.

Comment

Working...
                        X