Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 To 12volt (without invertor help)

hi all
    a few years ago in my old old car i converted my large PS2 into 12volt but cannot seem to find a guide on here anymore i dont wanna use an invertor does anyone have a guide for this?

I also dont want to use a slim PS2 as these done work how i need it to witht the disk drive

Thanks

How about this:
    http://www.console-spares.co.uk/cata...2CARPOWER.html

Cant tell if it is an invereter, but I dont think so. I am sure you could find a dealer that sells in USD.
    Hope it helps.
    Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

I believe* that the power supply inside the Large PS2's were just a 12V/5V supply. I'm not 100% sure though. I had to fix ours once as the PS2 was dropped from a high place and the power supply board broke. We don't have the complete PS2 anymore, but I think I may know where the power supply is. If I find it, I'll see if it still powers up and test the voltages.
      Kids, don't play with too many knives! -Crack Stuntman

Comment

I did it on our old PS2.

The PSU inside the PS2 is a bunch of capacitors and regualators. You need two fixed regulators, a 12V and a 5V. You can use capacitors too if you wish.

Comment

The slim runs on 8.5 volts. If you look at your brick it says right on it.
          Progress,.... that is what I keep forgetting ;)
          planning_[++++++++++]. 110%
          parts___[++++++----] around 60%
          install___[-----------] -9,000%

Comment

Working...
          X